Picked up a new car today..

Soldato
Fancied a change from the Golf and have always liked these.

It's a Volvo C30 2.0D SE Sport in Cosmic White (a pearlescent white which looks so much nicer in the flesh). Spec list is modest but its got everything I wanted; I'm not one for cars packed full of toys..it's just more to go wrong at the end of the day:

Dual-zone climate control
Rain-sensing wipers
Heated seats and mirrors
Auto-dimming rearview mirror
18" Atreus alloys
No DPF..some of the early C30s didn't come with them, so that's one less diesel car issue to have to worry about!

60k miles, one owner from new, FSH. Paid £7500 which included a service as it was due in 2.5k miles, 12months MOT, 12months tax and a 12 month warranty.

Only got a few quick camera phone shots at the moment:

dae43c3673f4625cdf6f4ea6e5112ca9.jpg

6dee44032cef208f5668e9bac4409692.jpg

1a4173c21f5c02088ac142df0cf4fb8d.jpg

Overall I'm really happy with her..she feels solid and planted but is a nice smoothl drive at the same time despite the big wheels. She's not got as much oomph as the Golf though so a remap could be on the cards pretty soon!

Cool leftfield choice. If i wanted a car in this sector I would probably get one of these.

The one thing I *hate* about this particular model is the exhaust cutout on the right rear. I would look into getting a twin exit exhaust asap.

Thats really nice! Just had a look online at a few and can't believe how many pretty reasonable ones there are that look much better value than a Golf.

What's the interior like? Is it roomy or like the current Golf space ship look that gives no actual space...

Thanks guys glad you like it. I know the colour combo is gonna be a no no for some people but I love it and you're not going to see many on the road like it day to day. I was driving down the motorway the other day and passed 5 silver mk5 golfs in 2 minutes and that was when I realised I needed a change!

The interior is a really comfy place to be. The seats are amazing..even the back seats are more comfortable than a lot of other cars front seats. The waterfall centre console is a real nice feature and looks great at night with the light glowing behind it making it stand out. Here are a couple of shots:

1182b98592cab20ce156f51fe32516b7.jpg

f15355d12763ea7786a98a4616eee1dd.jpg

Tom_ed1987 - That's one of the things I'd like to sort at some point..the car looks so much better with twin exhausts. Volvo did a dummy tailpipe but I'm not sure it would look right not being connected to anything.

The rear windows are getting tinted next week for a bit of privacy. I tend to keep quite a few bits and pieces in the boot and although all the tempting stuff for thieves is hidden in the spare wheel well, I still don't want people looking into the boot directly at my coats etc. Volvo do a hard or soft load cover for it but it makes the already small boot space even smaller.

Back
Top Bottom