Picking up new car next weekend :D

Soldato
Unlikely to have been registered under a business. Perhaps it has been moved though family members, unlikely though. I would have checked this first tbh, but if the OP is happy then that's all that matters.

n

[TW]Fox;15030840 said:
Each owner did, on average, just 3.5k miles before getting rid of the car :/

The only thing I can think of is this car had recurring mechanical problems? and has being pushed from pillar to post. I hope not for the OP sake but I cant think why else it would have had so many owners :confused:

Man of Honour
I can imagine perhaps one person maybe two at a push owning it only for a short period of time, after all, stuff happens... but FOUR?!

Soldato
I am leaning towards this car being clocked, check the service history with Ford, this car sounds fishy IMO :) I'm sure it's been hpi'ed?

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Did HPI check myself, which is why I needed the VIN number, come back clean, only red flag was number plate change last year to a private number (for 2 months).

Milage history wasnt available, i am going back saturday and before anything is signed I will go over things with a fine tooth combe. My current car has had 4 owners (im the 4th) but thats done 74,000 miles, it does raise questions about the milage/ownership numbers because they do seem odd.

Apart from the car looked and sounded fine.

Caporegime
There's a page on the VOSA site where you can find out the MOT history of the car. All you need is one of the document numbers of off the MOT. Out of interest, does the car have every key and does it have any old MOTs?

Man of Honour
Did HPI check myself, which is why I needed the VIN number, come back clean, only red flag was number plate change last year to a private number (for 2 months).

Seems odd to go to the hassle of changing the plates to your personal one then.... getting rid of it 2 months later. I doubt its been clocked, though.

There's a page on the VOSA site where you can find out the MOT history of the car. All you need is one of the document numbers of off the MOT. Out of interest, does the car have every key and does it have any old MOTs?

MOT's on an 07 plate car?

Soldato
OP
Car should have only had one MOT, with next due 2010, will phone em tomorrow and get the MOT certificate number, and if he questions, I will say that something doesnt quite add up regarding the owners/mileage, see what he has to say.

Will also ask if it is ok to get an AA vehicle inspection as that would flag up any possible problems.

Soldato
Rear tyres are not OEM, seems strange for a car with only 14k to have new rears. Still on the originals on mine with 16k on the rear. Fronts were changed at 15k still with meat left on them.

Like you said defo fine tooth comb on this one :)

Associate
Rear tyres are not OEM, seems strange for a car with only 14k to have new rears. Still on the originals on mine with 16k on the rear. Fronts were changed at 15k still with meat left on them.

Like you said defo fine tooth comb on this one :)

May have needed the fronts changing but rotated the new tyres to the rear.

Soldato
OP
Previous owner was a lady so could have been fleeced for new tyres, told both front and back needed replacing, again something I will bring up.

If anyone is near saltash, feel free to grill the dealership for me :p Be much appreciated as my knowledge of cars is limited.

Back
Top Bottom