Pico 4 out soon?

Associate

looks interesting.

seems to have 1 dead pixel
another forum member here has had this problem, puts me right off a vr headset when i see people having these issues. how do they let these things through quality control, don't they check them before sending them out?

there is a pico 3 thread for that headset

but i will just say the Pico 3 link is the BETA version to the pico 4, now Pico are really pushing the pico 4, and this should arrive in the next 2 months
1 good thing about buying a pico 3 now if u are interested in the pico 4 is i think u get 1/3 off the price of a 4 if you're a 3 purchaser.

Yep, me

Went through three headsets before giving up
wow 3, that's a lot.
i had a run of 3 headsets with dead pixels too; 2 varjo aeros (then gave up, got a refund) and then a quest 2. the replacement quest 2 was ok.

4 if you count the pimax I tried, and before that a quest 2, so that's 5 headsets I've had with dead pixels.

I'm not putting up with it.
No neither would I! Once seen, you can't unsee them. I've been vr'ing since 2014 and it's only this year i've had headsets with dead pixels.

i have just read this this will be out in September
if it does, then we have a next generation headset out way before any others, so i think im getting one

I'll watch this with interest. Pancake lenses are a good thing imo, but before i part with cash i'd want to see a decent resolution bump over my quest 2.

Pixels per degree (ppd) is a better measure of clarity than ppi. A hmd can have a high ppi just by having a small screen.

I doubt i'll be buying it, it's not enough of an upgrade over my quest 2. Idc if it looks sleeker/smaller etc, wearing my Q2 doesn't bother me. The res bump is minimal, yes it will have 0 godrays but apart from that i don't see any real advantage for me. I've read the pico neo 3's wireless pcvr streaming wasn't all that good and this is something i use a lot with my Q2. The Q2 is polished software wise and there are apps for all sorts, the pico will have some catching up to do most probably.

Whilst not a full review Seb gives some really positive feedback on the Pico 4 here. Must admit after watching it i'm tempted although I don't think I will buy 1 as I just don't see what it'll do for me personally above what my Quest 2 already does. Is tempting though. It's a great, probably better, alternative to a Quest 2.

well ive just seen the pico 4 is available for pre-order on amazon and i'm soooo close to caving in and buying 1 because amazon are so good with returns :D
30 days to play around with one, to see if it's a worthwhile upgrade to my quest 2.

Last edited:
i've resisted temptation and not bought 1. it looks a great hmd, if i didn't have a hmd already i'd probably buy 1 over a Q2.

That's going to be the one possible third party accessory I'd be really interested in. A new face cover for Pico 4 that brings you closer to the screens. FOV is one of my biggest issues with Quest 2, and every other headset ive tried so far. Obviously Pico 4 will already be a improvement on FOV to what I've tried (DV1, CV1, Quest and Quest 2). But I'll be looking to push Pico 4s FOV as much as possible.
Pimax hmd's have large fov, i'm receiving a Pimax 8KX tomorrow (i owned 1 early on in the year but returned it due to a fault). They are fun headsets (when they work), Pimax hasn't got the best reputation for quality and support.

The fov is fantastic, I just hated everything else lol Mainly the comfort, the damn thing kept sitting on my nose making it bloody sore.
i think i know exactly what you're on about, it made my nose sore too. i'm going to try a counter weight with it this time. i did get used to it, i think the bridge of my nose actually thickened up because of the weight placed on it :D

That I'm not 100% sure of. Primarily it would be to play Elite Dangerous so wired would be best for that I believe. I do want to try games like Half Life Alyx as well though which complicates things. I can probably scrape together enough money for one but not for a dedicated PCVR and a a separate wireless setup.
if u want to play sims like ED and room scale games like Alyx then i'd recommend a headset that can do wireless and pcvr which would be the pico or quest.

Unbelievably i'm still waiting for my refund from systemactive..they emailed me yesterday morning saying sorry for the delay and my refund should be back in my account in a few hours from sagepay...i'm still waiting.

must admit my experience of systemactive has been ok. they refunded me for a varjo aero 5 months after buying it although i did need to prod them (one time only) for the refund to be made but the return experience on the whole was ok. i would still rather buy from amazon though as they do 30 days rather than 14 for a no quibble refund.

@tyke_

It's not often you get real wow moments these days. I've had one tonight.

Maxed out settings in a thunderstorm. Not sure how it's doing it, but never dropped from 90fps. It was sat at 95% load pretty much the entire time, but what an experience!

8MYlepA.jpg
Good to hear!

i will be buying one (as i hope its like the Quest 2 version) and im not getting a quest 3 this year , simply cant afford it
ah that's a pity (not being able to afford the Q3). i help fund my hmd purchases by selling the one's i'm replacing, have you not got a Q2 to sell? or sell the Pico just before Q3 launch?

Back
Top Bottom