Pico 4 out soon?

WOW WHAT AN IMPROVMENT

I wish I didn't have a Q2
50743283677_85e8055851_o_d.gif

I'm surprised by that, even with the higher specs I was expecting at least 30min extra battery life.

Looks like it depends what you're doing. Watching video the clocks are similar so the Pico 4 lasts quite a lot longer. But gaming, if the game requires it, it can drain as fast or even slightly faster than Quest 2. I suppose the 45% extra battery just can't make up for the higher clock speeds, extra ram, higher res screen ect. It could be early software draining the battery quicker. Or the game may be clocking the SoC to full speed, and to be honest its then not so surprising. Because at twice the clock speed the SoC would be consuming well over twice the power consumption of Quest 2's SoC. I'd be amazed at even 1 and a half hours game time at full speed using a Pico 4's battery.

Looks like a small but noticeable improvement over the Q2.
Going to wait and see what the Quest Pro brings to the table before deciding where to put my money.

Looked like the brightness/contrast was lower, or the camera not quite bring in the same place.

Pico certainly looks an upgrade, but not big enough for me. Maybe Q3 will be

The picture quality very much reminds me of when I had my reverb g2. Not surprising as it's the same resolution. Noticeable difference when your actually inside the headset.
I ended up returning it though due to the god awful sweetspot, and the even worse software.

LwGSgeN.jpg

Last edited:
yeah i can let you know no worries :)

you thinking of swapping too ?

Slightly tempted. No doubt it's a better specced headset. Had the Q2 since launch day, but may hold out for the Pico 5 which is in the works according to Bradley.

Fired up the old Rift last night for ***** and giggles, and although the image isn't great, it's still so comfy and the sound is great!

The picture quality very much reminds me of when I had my reverb g2. Not surprising as it's the same resolution. Noticeable difference when your actually inside the headset.
I ended up returning it though due to the god awful sweetspot, and the even worse software.

LwGSgeN.jpg

Wow, the blacks look much better on Quest 2.

i've resisted temptation and not bought 1. it looks a great hmd, if i didn't have a hmd already i'd probably buy 1 over a Q2.

Thing is, as much as I wasn't scared about Facebook and datamining, I do have fears about it from Pico. I use the standalone on my q2 quite often, not sure I'd want to give details for the standalone on pico.

Thing is, as much as I wasn't scared about Facebook and datamining, I do have fears about it from Pico. I use the standalone on my q2 quite often, not sure I'd want to give details for the standalone on pico.

I think that no matter what headset you use there's going to be some data mining. Four cameras and a microphone in your living room. They know how tall you are and your arm length. They can differentiate between different users on the same headset, and over time they'll be able to diagnose certain health issues related to balance and/or mobility. And we haven't even mentioned eye or face tracking. Scary!!!!!
50743141726_ec3ab89e9b_o_d.gif

Back
Top Bottom