Pico 4 out soon?

I don’t believe that the Pico 3 uses pancake lenses.

From what I’ve read, the specs of the lenses in the Pico 3 appear to be the same as the Quest 2, and the Pico 4 appear to be the same as the inbound Meta Cambria.

It’s almost as though Neo are manufacturing the same lenses for both Meta and Neo, though I’ve not seen any confirmation of that anywhere.

I can't imagine the lens protectors for the Pico 3 will fit on a Pico 4, as the 3 effectively uses the same fresnel lenses as the Quest 2, whilst the Pico 4 seems to use the same pancake lenses as the inbound Meta Cambria (or whatever it's going to be called). Either way, the pancake lenses "appear" to be substantially larger.

I've just emailed a query to SystemActive about the ability to "tether" the Pico 4 to a PC via the USB-C connector.

On the VR Essentials video discussion was a comment that the video creator had discussed the desire for USB-C tethering and had been told by the developers that it's not currently possible, but WILL be delivered at some point.

Last edited:
I can't imagine the lens protectors for the Pico 3 will fit on a Pico 4, as the 3 effectively uses the same fresnel lenses as the Quest 2, whilst the Pico 4 seems to use the same pancake lenses as the inbound Meta Cambria (or whatever it's going to be called). Either way, the pancake lenses "appear" to be substantially larger.

OK thanks
I'll have to wait for lens protectors then

Ordered, on the grounds that the drop in the value of the £ might push up the price, and hopefully the UK reseller will honour the current advertised price.

Ordered, on the grounds that the drop in the value of the £ might push up the price, and hopefully the UK reseller will honour the current advertised price.

crap, didn't think of that

ive ordered one too

but it doesent say on the website to enter card details, which i thought it would do to "pre order" etc
but it does say wait for email instructions :)

Last edited:
Decided to pre order one,
One deciding factor is it look way more comfortable than the quest 2,
Something that stops me spending more that 30 mins at a time in vr, as I get neck ache, even with the elite strap I find vr headsets uncomfortable,
Shame no DP, hopefully wireless streaming on this device is good,
System active are not charging just yet for thw pre order, so maybe some more reviews come out in the mean time.

Decided to pre order one,
One deciding factor is it look way more comfortable than the quest 2,
Something that stops me spending more that 30 mins at a time in vr, as I get neck ache, even with the elite strap I find vr headsets uncomfortable,
Shame no DP, hopefully wireless streaming on this device is good,
System active are not charging just yet for thw pre order, so maybe some more reviews come out in the mean time.
ya comfort is the #1 thing for me also. Well and motion sickness. It sounds like wireless streaming will be good with it.
I saw this pic - https://mixed-news.com/en/pico-4-good-hardware-alone-wont-cut-it/ comparing the side view of the quest 2 and the pico 4, I know there is also another pic of the lenses with the pico4 and comparing them to the quest pro - I was wondering if perhaps the lenses are bigger because your eyes are slightly farther back?

I'm going to wait to see what oct 11th brings with the quest pro before I put my order in - dont really want to miss out thou on this as I dont have a VR unit atm. If the price is too high or I just dont like what I see/hear going to be getting the pico 4.

Back
Top Bottom