Pillow talk.

Soldato
So confusing all the feedback on pillows. Lovely and supportive but goes soft after several uses etc. Oooer!

Wanted recommendations, comfortable furnish and supportive pillow that stays that way for years, or a couple anyway.

Caporegime
Doesn't answer your question sorry but personally, I've resorted to buying cheaper ones from JL and just replacing them more frequently. The £14 artificial ones from JL do go lumpy quite quickly but mostly recover after a wash and tumble dry.

Whenever I have spent more in a better pillow, I haven't found that they last longer enough that it's worth it, but then they do tend to get messed up in various ways!

Soldato
Had a couple of Ikea KLUBBSPORRE for a while now they seem to be holding up well.

EDIT: They get tumble dried on warm/cool for 30-60 mins, every so often which helps them a lot.

Last edited:
Soldato
I would take a trip to your local Dunelm and squash some as it's all down to personal preference:

Personally I buy the cheaper synthetic ones, but I like a relatively thin pillow. These can be put in the washing machine so they are easy care.

Last edited:
Associate
We spent a lot of time looking at new pillows when we moved, the only ones we found that were comfortable, soft and supportive were the type that use feather and down with a separate inner core. Generally a high down content outer which gives you the initial soft feeling, and a high feather content core.

We got a couple of the IKEA Bergven which we ok, and a couple from JL which were a bit nicer (but much more expensive!). We've found in the past that the feather pillow tend to last better than synthetic, do hoping that's the same again but not really had them long enough to comment on durability!

Last edited:
Soldato

Went through quite a few before settling on a soft one of these with a Soft as Down Microfibre underneath. Very comfy and lasting well.

Soldato
bought some stupidly expensive pillows over the years (~£100) and they have all been crap.

current ones are some kind of memory foam that the sales assistant at dreams assured us would not deform and go flat on one side, yet thats exactly what they do after having my head on it for an hour.

Man of Honour
current ones are some kind of memory foam that the sales assistant at dreams assured us would not deform and go flat on one side, yet thats exactly what they do after having my head on it for an hour.

In my experience you have to go firm with memory foam, way firmer than other types, even then I find them a bit like having your head resting on jelly and tend to go a bit flat.

I've tried a few of the expensive, hyped up, pillows and found them all pretty poor :( basic "hotel" pillows are generally a good bet but the cheap ones tend to go lumpy and misshapen relatively quickly and no guarantee the expensive ones won't either.

Soldato
In my experience you have to go firm with memory foam, way firmer than other types, even then I find them a bit like having your head resting on jelly and tend to go a bit flat.

I've tried a few of the expensive, hyped up, pillows and found them all pretty poor :( basic "hotel" pillows are generally a good bet but the cheap ones tend to go lumpy and misshapen relatively quickly and no guarantee the expensive ones won't either.
I had the firmest one that they offered, still does it.
missus has the medium and whilst it is a bit softer it's not hugely different.

Back
Top Bottom