pimax 8kx to a crystal

Associate
What I did notice with the Crystal FOV which I hadn't noticed before with other headsets is that the trees follow you in sim racing games. They're generally 2D images and as they get to 10 o'clock and 2 o'clock in your vision I could see them rotate towards me out of the corner of my eye as they passed. Something daft but something I couldn't unsee. :)
I don't know how these people with triple monitor setups deal with that, it'd drive me insane.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
What I did notice with the Crystal FOV which I hadn't noticed before with other headsets is that the trees follow you in sim racing games. They're generally 2D images and as they get to 10 o'clock and 2 o'clock in your vision I could see them rotate towards me out of the corner of my eye as they passed. Something daft but something I couldn't unsee. :)
I don't know how these people with triple monitor setups deal with that, it'd drive me insane.
Sounds similar to the distortion on the wide FOV settings on the other pimax headsets.

Associate
Has anyone moved to a crystal from an 8kx and missed the extra FOV?
I have an 8kx, I had a crystal reservation but didn't go through with it as there's no wifi that was promised. i bought a quest 3 and now my 8kx is packed away ready for the 12K trade-in (if it ever happens). i do miss the fov of the 8kx but with features such as wireless, MR, fantastic lenses, i prefer the Q3 and don't think about 8kx much tbh.

Back
Top Bottom