Pimp my rig !

Yer, I agree, your saying that you want to do the bare minimum with your new build.

That machine will do a hell of a lot more than run at 1024x768 with all the settings turned off. If thats all that you want out of a machine then you may aswell just ease back a bit and save your money.

hmmmm *strokes chin*

sooooooo you mean I may be able to use this to play:

Half life 2: Episode One
SiN Episodes
Quakewars
Prey
UT2007
Crysis

I love it when a plan comes together..

or spend a few more pennies, get a freezer pro for the opty and a better gfx card and u will have a nice gaming rig to play those games with some eye candy too :)

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

must.......resist.........urge.......to.....spend........gnnnnnnnnn......can't....affford...

Damn you GR1mybloke *shakes fist*

so when you say 'better' grafix card, er..what sort of model, not that I would be interested of course, just saying, assuming if you like there was another 50 or so pounds, which there isn't of course er..

*sneakily googles the freezer thing*...

right, I'm sold on the freezer, reviews everywhere say it's good, and quiet with it plus it's so big I'll be able to tour the everglades with it..

Had seen it before and was put off as it's the same style as my Akasa Evo 33 which is louder than a sopwith camel taking off!

:o

thats why god gave us credit cards :P

get an x1800xt or nvidia equvalent and the rig will last a lot longer - the upper end cards will compliment the rest of the components you got there far more than the one you have chosen atm :)

Last edited:
SiriusB said:
The Freezer 64 Pro is pretty much the best HSF going for AMDs. You should be buying one of these anyway!

SiriusB

i have the zalman 9500 and its just fantastic, my 4400+ never goes above 45C even after hours of gaming. idle its low 30s or high 20s and silent.

nealw said:
i have the zalman 9500 and its just fantastic, my 4400+ never goes above 45C even after hours of gaming. idle its low 30s or high 20s and silent.

i just cant be bothered trying to decide what the BEST heat sink is any more, everyone say's something different so next build i'm going for swiftech water cooling :)

Back
Top Bottom