Pioneer XF Phoenix 125cc

Associate
Hi there guys.

Having always been a bike fan since the days of rainy and doohan, I've decided to get one. Small budget - something to comute on that looks nice and goes around 60-70 mph.

I came across the bike Pioneer XF phoenix 125cc but cant find any news/reviews etc on the bike! help please. They do stoner replicas for £1300 new!!

Please pick fault/praise the bike please. My dad whos an instructer is advising against a 2 stroke aprillia

Bikes I like

YZF 125 ( price puts me off )
RS 125 ( dad dont like them )
Cagiva Mito 125 ( Rare as rocking horse )

Cheers guys.

Soldato
2 strokes require care, love, attention and expensive oil, so that rules out the RS and the Mito. :D

I've never heard of a Phoenix 125 so can't comment on that issue. There aren't many RaceRep 125cc bikes around AFAIK. The CBR125 had some fancy Repsol colours but is not racey in the least...

Associate
AFAIK Pioneer are a chinese brand and as such should be avoided like the plague. Not worth the money, tempting though it is to have a new bike at the same cost for a used known make, they will break on you and parts will be a nightmare to get. On top of that they are hard to sell as used.

Soldato
I have a friend selling a cagiva mito. Will fire up details

I've got a Cagiva MITO EVO1 7 speed 125cc sportsbike.
It's yellow and has new fairings. Seems in pretty good condition. Not been used in about 12 months. My son isn't interested in bikes...and it's not really my kindof bike. It's a 2 stroke wee fast thing...looks like a Ducati. they go for about £1300 on ebay with tax and test. But I cn't be bothered messing about with it. I want it out of the way so I can get back in the garage to work on my hayabusa... £750 cash takes this away
P24-09-10_1602Medium.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Is that Cagiva running and in working order? ie wont need a top end engine rebuild in 100miles?
I take it no MoT either? I do like it though. drop me an email please pal

[email protected]

Sent.

Im not 100% on info with it. What is up is all I have I know him from a local bike forum.

He hasn't had it long and after having an accident with his Bussa he wants it out to work on the bike.

Soldato
If you've been a bike fan since Rainey and Doohan you're old enough to buy a proper bike rather than a 17 year olds wet dream!

Edit - and the reason you cant find reviews for the Phoenix is that its not an actual manufacturer, but the same rubbish thats sold by dozens of ebay importers. Its the motorcycle equivalent of buying knock off clothing - at first it might look similar, but you'll soon realise its been put together by 6 year olds for 10p an hour and is made out of disposeable materials, and will be back in China as landfill within 3 years

Last edited:
Associate
No, they use Chinese engines based on old Honda designs.
And, as said, they are universally trash. I see a few of the 125cc cruisers kicking around. Fit and finish is shocking and they're usually all rotten with rust at only a few years old*. Also, a four speed box and kick start on a pseudo race-rep? Classy.

*This may or may not be due to their owners treating them as disposable winter transport

Back
Top Bottom