Pirates on the horizon

Man of Honour
And a certain Iguana has once again lost a place, for now.

My Q6600 has been busy chkdsk'ing a 2GB disk array for the last two days, but a configuration change I made at the same time seems to have more than made up any shortfall.

Soldato
Been slacking i has well sort of, been having my younger brother stay with me means my computer is playing games sometimes and has been turned off without my knowledge honestly what are they teaching kids today, but i will get around to uploading in a bit hopefully i haven't had to bad a slip ;)

Edit: Well all is not well when i get in my Comp has had a incident and blue screened because the ATI card didn't want to be running normally and once it had reset the bios i was left with a standard clocked cpu :eek:. Thats what i get for putting the side panel back on with the perspex side instead of mesh well now thats been turned back around what a wally :o

Last edited:
Soldato
Well my little annoyance has gone back home :p, But I've managed to get my f@h sorted out so I'm doing that aswell now which means i have only 50% of my cpu being given to muon dunno why the ati client's take up 25% each. Good thing is that ill only be folding when I'm awake rest of the time I'll be all on this project so i might just have to settle for 4th place if my production takes a hit because of this.

Man of Honour
My Muon box bluescreened a few times which resulted in some downtime. I decoded the Minidumps and traced it to the Intel Matrix Storage driver, which I've upgraded. So far, so good.

I've also been resurrecting my accounts in various BOINC projects, and some Burp work turned up during the week, so I temporarily turned Muon not on while I was doing that.

Shame to see my competition retire. That was fun. :D

Man of Honour
You'll be getting your chance. The box I run Muon on is also my media PC, and I've just kicked off a video encode job with an ETA of 14 days on two cores, and this is just the first of several runs. The other two cores will still run Muon so I won't be gone completely.

Soldato
Well dio, it's time for me to come back to the thing. Ain't crunched a wu since SETI1 . Still got both my old XP-M1600 and your old XP2100.. lol

But, i'm building a new pc soon as the XP-M is dead, well, my DFI Infinity for it is :( the chip's fine. Unfortunately it won't be an Intel, I'm going for a PhenomII 550. With all the relevant unlocks and overclocks to try. I'm probably going back to water as it'll be running in the old CM201 and i'm not sure it'll cool my cpu and a ATi 4870 on air.

Once i've got my rig (soonish) and am testing it, i'll use this for some long term load testing, etc.. you can have my rig as i oc and wc and run it in.. if i get the quadness done, i might devote a couple of cores permanently to it. not much i know but meh, i'll be there.

And i'm still a proper user, i do not EVER use the O** (!!!!) button lol.. there'll be plenty of spare cycles because when i'm on the puter but not gaming (i game but not every day, etc) i'll only be browsing, perhaps playing a divx.. :D dunno how much use a phenom is or if i can also use a bit of my GPU - been WAY out of the loop for WAY too long,going to have to learn how to oc modern stuff.. but its there

Soldato
Wooho tiffys. I was gonna pass mr B in two days but looks like I'm out till later on today all my usb's in win 7 have stopped working so no mouse and keyboard and not a single ps/2 set anywhere here I'm well annoyed. Reinstall time :(

Back
Top Bottom