Pixel 7a in 2024, poor choice?

Soldato
I'm looking at picking up a decent Android phone around £200. I've seen the Pixel 7a brand new for just slightly over that, however I've read mixed things about battery life, which I don't think would be a huge issue for me since I'm not a power user. However, I did read some things about over heating which were a bit off putting.

Is anyone here still using or had a Pixel 7a, if so would you recommend the device?

Cheers

I temporarily had a P6A and a P7A, wouldn't bother tbh
charging rates were abysmal and when you put that in place with **** poor batter life doesn't make for a fun experience.
Both did get quite warm when charging as well
they both definitely felt bargain basement in hand too (a decent Spigen case would help with that)

Yeah, from reading around I was going to plan on extending the budget to get a Pixel 8a but it seems like some of those suffer similar issues... Really not sure what to go for

Last edited:
My huaweis were always awesome, only moved away from them as they lost the googleverse

Now Sat happy with an S24 and me brother has had no real bother with the S20 onwards

If yer happy with a slightly different OS look then there's still some pretty decent handset from the likes of Redmi and xiaomi

I've seen a brand called Nothing Phone... Seem to be pretty well reviewed and around £300-£400. I should look in to it more, but you're right about Xiaomis, they have some fantastic budget phones

I'm happy with my 8a's battery life, and it's fine in all other aspects EXCEPT the painfully slow charging.

I've had to adjust my charging habits to fit around it. I might end up giving it to my son and getting something more appropriate purely because of the slow charging.

Good to know. Being able to charge quickly every now and then is pretty important to me, so I'll pass on the 8a too... thanks

Thanks for all the input and feedback guys, I do appreciate it

It's a really tough one, I'm also in two minds about extending the budget and getting either an S24 or an iPhone 15. Taking good snaps is pretty important for me since I do a lot of dog walks, I know in terms of camera the 8a is going to be the best choice, but reading mixed things about them online with various issues is really off putting...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom