Planet Coaster 2

After Frontier complete inability to create any sort of career gameplay and actual park management I have zero hope in this. The systems for building the parks etc is great. It just lacks substance as a game beyond sandbox building which isn't my thing and the opposite of what they claimed for original planet coaster.

First was great but had some annoying issues that they never seemed to fix. Most noeably for me was how jank the track was without spending 43 hours smoothening it out manually.

After Frontier complete inability to create any sort of career gameplay and actual park management I have zero hope in this. The systems for building the parks etc is great. It just lacks substance as a game beyond sandbox building which isn't my thing and the opposite of what they claimed for original planet coaster.
100% this. There was just no depth to the first one, just a sandbox experience really. What made the old RCT2 and RCT3 so good was the amazing park management side of things, is it not to much to ask for that in a modern theme park game.

Played this for a bit back in the day, booted it up again the other month while looking for a change of pace and felt the same.

It's fine if you want to spend hours and hours designing actual coasters, but there's barely anything else more than that :(

Played this for a bit back in the day, booted it up again the other month while looking for a change of pace and felt the same.

It's fine if you want to spend hours and hours designing actual coasters, but there's barely anything else more than that :(
Exactly there no real game there. Where is the start with small budget, build up a theme park as like park manager and work you way at building better parks and comparing that to other AI theme parks and such. Like theme hospital style system. There could be so much to making it feel complete. And then add proper management, objects. The missions they did create felt so pants.

Exactly there no real game there. Where is the start with small budget, build up a theme park as like park manager and work you way at building better parks and comparing that to other AI theme parks and such. Like theme hospital style system. There could be so much to making it feel complete. And then add proper management, objects. The missions they did create felt so pants.

I need to finish Two Point Hospital actually, thanks for the reminder! :D

Not a chance, Frontier blew any further purchase from me for their utter failure on Elite Dangerous.

They can swivel :)

100% this. There was just no depth to the first one, just a sandbox experience really. What made the old RCT2 and RCT3 so good was the amazing park management side of things, is it not to much to ask for that in a modern theme park game.

Why can't we get a modern day rct :/

Check out Parkitect, I found it to be much more accommodating to the player who wishes to manage a park vs build one.

Back
Top Bottom