Planet Earth III

Associate
I absolutely love these programs, what a beautiful trailer for the third series of Planet Earth.

Goosebumps when Attenborough starts talking, and then there's that Leopard scene :eek:

Can't wait till this comes out, can't find an exact release date but I think it will likely be this November.

Caporegime
Looks fantastic as always. Say what you want about the BBC and the TV Licence, but only the BBC can do this kind of thing at the levels it does.

Associate
I'd love to watch this but my ears ain't gonna like it. The "background" music will be excessive making the commentary too difficult to hear. Just as it was on Planet Earth 2.
And the sound effects? As I recall the sound effects the sound editors added in PE2 was somewhat too far fetched for me to accept.
I think I read somewhere that David Attenborough also dislikes what the sound team do with these things in the studio but he has to accept it.

Caporegime
Won't see this for a while as I don't have a TV licence.
But I hope they really drill home how bad humans are for nature.
Unfortunately it does need to be pushed.

Its basically the only thing I'd watch on BBC. But it's not Worth 159

Last edited:
Associate
Frankly I've become alittle annoyed with some of his recent stuff, Seven Worlds One Planet and some of Green Planet - climate change, animal, sea ecosystem facing destruction. Was abit preachy at times and hitting you over the head. I got both on blu-ray so was extra salty. I get it..i dont need to be told anymore than an action movies containing messages about death, destruction and misery that comes from violence.

He absolutely has every right though, as I imagine having to entertain for decades whilst knowing we are responsible for large parts of nature's destruction must have frustrated no end.

I'll watch it for the spectacle, the amazing quality and of course his narration but skip past the above parts, as I see this almost daily in the news in one form or another.

Soldato
Won't see this for a while as I don't have a TV licence.
But I hope they really drill home how bad humans are for nature.
Unfortunately it does need to be pushed.

Its basically the only thing I'd watch on BBC. But it's not Worth 159
Really? Just watch it if you want, grow a spine.

Associate
On the UHD on iPlayer too. They always look amazing.
Was channel surfing yesterday PM, saw this about to start (S3E4/6 IIRC). Heard the narrator say go to iPlayer for UHD.

I did, and was automatically sent to S3E1. Blown away by the picture quality. The detail in the scales of minute sea creatures and the clarity of individual air bubbles. Phenomenal! Will defo catch up in UHD after my night shifts this week.

Called the Mrs through to see the quality, but it was totally lost on her. *bangs head against something solid* :D

Last edited:
Soldato
This is absolutely spectacular in UHD, looks unbelievable on my 65 inch 4k OLED.

Love David Attenborough too, but the preachy stuff every episode does grate. That's the BBC for you though :(

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom