Plasma or Projector?

Associate
I'd like to splash out on a decent screen at some stage to showcase my swelling DVD collection, but I don't know whether a projector or plasma would be the best route.

Do films etc. better on plasma than a projector despite being able to produce a brighter picture? Is now even a good time to buy either, as it seems advances in digital technology is bringing the prices down, so would it be worth waiting a year or so for prices to settle?

Associate
OP
Thanks for the responses, I think I would be happier getting a budget project for now just to see how I get along. And of course to hold off for the inevitable improvements in technology and lower prices.

The fading plasma screen scenario is not really acceptable for me, I worked out as a particular example, that one screen would last only about 7 years based on 4 hours viewing per day. Which is a hard pill to swallow considering what you are spending.

I don't feel that there's much decent TV about to warrant 50"+ viewing at widescreen, so therefore I don't mind keeping the big screen viewing to just my film collection, my question is though are there any decent projectors for around the £1000-2000 mark? Or is the quality not worth the effort at this price level?

I know this is quite a subjective question but hopefully those in the know should have some strong opinions about it.

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom