Poll: Platinum Jubilee

Do you intend to celebrate The Queen's Platinum Jubilee?

• Yes

Votes: 94 20.4%
  • No

Votes: 296 64.2%
  • Pizza Express

Votes: 71 15.4%

• Total voters
Man of Honour
No time off work here - can opt to not work subject to having available holiday balance or unpaid but only if enough people are working to cover minimum requirements (so basically no one will get it).

No idea if I'll be trying to dodge road closures or not - doesn't seem to be much information as to where they are and aren't.

Soldato
Yes, I get it - we created the vagina lottery appreciation society and other cultures copied that, including North Korea.
Actually there is a difference between an autocratic oligarchy such as NK and a parliamentary democracy with a constitutional monarch as head of state. Which if you knew anything about politics you may understand. Under the former arrangement you would not be posting rubbish on this site and would probably be a peasant worker on a starvation diet.

Soldato
OP
Actually there is a difference between an autocratic oligarchy such as NK and a parliamentary democracy with a constitutional monarch as head of state. Which if you knew anything about politics you may understand. Under the former arrangement you would not be posting rubbish on this site and would probably be a peasant worker on a starvation diet.
I didn't say they were absolute equals; there are clear similarities is what I'm saying. Furthermore, I am not drawing any comparison between the political systems, I'm making a comparison between the strange public adulation for the individuals being discussed.

It's a public display of subservience.

Soldato
Probably won't do anything special, but getting a medal so can't complain.

Platinum jubilee will be very unlikely to ever happen again so I guess it's a bit of a bonus.

would have rather had the bank holiday Monday still instead of Thursday and Friday mind.... :)

Soldato
Nothing happening here I'm aware of but the next town has bunting out around teh green I imagine they're having some kind of event but its quite touristy anyway. My mums place some residents have some kind of a party planned for the green (but not if its raining lol) which may or may not be happening while I'm there.

The other news is that everyone and his dog appears to be heading off somewhere, its half term as well so everyone is heading off for hols it seems the roads are bonkers around here it started last night 10pm at night and stuck in a convoy of slow moving cars off to lord knows where (usually roads are empty that time of night)

Soldato
Interesting people are saying they don't support the monarchy, some even saying they want to get rid, but they'll take the free holidays.

Bit hypocritical and speaks volumes.

I'll be picking up another medal and raising a glass to her Maj

Soldato
I don't see the need to be radical over this, let people who do, enjoy the festivity. If you don't you are welcome to do something else. That is because we live in a democracy. In my view long live Britain as a constitutional monarchy. People we elect don't usually work so well and nor do they overseas for heads of state. We will have Charles for maybe a decade or so followed by William and then George none will do any damage and life will continue on for another century or so.

You might think we live in a democracy, but actually we don't.

Back
Top Bottom