Platypus' Beginners Guide to Running

Underboss
I don't know how you guys got out running today! I was out walking around 7 miles and the heat was a killer.

I'm going running tomorrow though, so hopefully it doesn't feel as bad.

Didn't run today , too hot, going to be just as bad tomorrow.
I went Saturday and the humidity was low so didn't feel like a furnace unlike today
I wont be going out until Thursday I think, Wednesday I'm swimming

Soldato
Ahh the heat! Just got back from a 5 miler. Even though its really hot and I did walk at some points, I'm very happy with today's run.

Quite a lot of people in the group.

Not sure if a mod could update the opening post once people add their names, but it'd be good to know who is who!

Andrew Ashby
Andrew Hynam
Andrew Richards
Beau Brooke
Brendon Wilson
Dan Bailey- (Excellent at giving Kudos)
Daniel Duperouzel - @Dup
Dave Rushton
David Cross
Harold Tulley - (Excellent at giving Kudos) @Spacedeck
Ian Marchant - @Ian_Eb
James Saunders
Jason Snow
Martin McCarthy
Martyn Thompson - @Marvt74
Neil White
Peter Stuart
Phil Butterfield
Richard Bingham
Tim Stirling - @D.P.
Tom Hinchliffe

I'm sure others have posted who they are before but i can't be bothered scrolling back through the thread :p

Updated.

Soldato
Was very hot yesterday. I went out and got to a cross roads where i could've gone left, dropped down a hill and then ran along the river and flat along the road back home...Or i could turn right where i go up and down country roads seeing barely any flat sections. I went right :(

To top it off i took a wrong turn and ended up coming back onto the main road about 2 miles earlier than expected so had to take a few detours to get the duration i wanted.

Was still feeling the effects of Fridays/Saturday/Sundays booze so a pretty horrendous run for me in the heat.

Soldato
Hi, starting back up running and im using mapmyrun to get good routes etc. Can anyone recommend some sort of a watch with GPS etc in it? One with some kind of navigation would be excellent aswell...i get lost a lot.

I dont want an Apple Watch tbh.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
I have a used vivoactive3 doing nothing, only reason i upgraded is someone in my tri club was flogging off a fenix 5+ on the cheap (kinda)

Open to offers :)

Associate
Well... Back from France and instead of running, I did all the usual things you do on hols. Then on the last day, got out of the car, landed funny and got a weird pop/click noise from bad knee (MCL they tell me) Bearing in mind the language rules here, I believe I may have said "Cor Blimey Guv, that smarts"

Anyhow, back to docs today. And it looks like I need to lay off running for longer. If anyone wants a shot at the Chester marathon in October, I can transfer my entry it seems. I will call tomorrow to see if I can defer, but the website says they don't do deferrals.

Not only that, but the rear shock on my bike looks to be playing up :( not the best time, given the holiday expenses!

Associate
For anyone who has a Vivoactive 3 and get weird rashes on their wrist, give them an email and they may well sort you out with a different strap. Not had the rash since they swapped it for a new one.

Associate
I have the Vivoactive 3 not the M version. I find it works fine for my current needs. It will only store the last 7 activities on the watch though. If you don't sync often, or you want more saved activities then you would be better off looking at a 245/645 or something. if/when I update mine, I will probably go for one of the 6 series ones.

Back
Top Bottom