PlayStation 4 Pro in-bound

Caporegime
OP
What they need to do is what Microsoft have done with the One S; make it so that the increased performance is available all the time so that older games which ran dynamic resolutions or frame rates get a 'free' boost without having to be explicitly patched to take advantage of the new spec.

But that's not what happens at all.

Associate
Tbh, if Neo gets Destiny running 1080p/60 I'm buying one at launch :D

You think destiny can't hit 1080p/60fps on ps4?

When ps3 hits 30fps/720 i think?

Never happen anyway, give massive advantage to neo players in pvp.

Albert Panello said only a few games with unlocked framerates saw an increase in performance, it's not something that just gives a boost to all games with an unlocked framerate.

due to xbox one s only got 5% increase in performance?

i think neo just going to increase games from 900 to 1080. FPS will stay same on both consoles less its single player only game

Last edited:
Soldato
PS4 slim unboxing (is the Slim the 4.5? I don't follow this stuff much).

Been making waves for a few days online. lots of people calling fake and abusing the uploader (Laura Kate), but I would be very surprised it it was anything but legit.

Soldato
Albert Panello said only a few games with unlocked framerates saw an increase in performance, it's not something that just gives a boost to all games with an unlocked framerate.

Right, so if the game was CPU-bound (the part which was upgraded) and ran with an unlocked frame rate then it get's a free boost in performance without any extra effort, which is what I said? :confused:

The original leaked docs suggested the PS4 locked the performance into two distinctive modes, base and neo. All I was suggesting was Sony should just let the system sort it out so that older games can benefit from the extra performance without being patched.

Caporegime
The person doing the reveal got a lot of abuse for it. Apparently.

To be honest, I don't really keep my ear to the ground with this stuff, it just seemed that some folk were getting a bit animated about it all.

Are you really genuinely surprised that people are getting a bit animated about anything PC or console related? I mean come on man, you can't have been living under a rock for your whole internet life.

Soldato
Are you really genuinely surprised that people are getting a bit animated about anything PC or console related? I mean come on man, you can't have been living under a rock for your whole internet life.

Honestly, I've rarely had much to do with any of it. Always been a single-player (or local co-op) gamer, barring a brief dalliance with Delta Force back in 2000 and TF2 on X360 6 or 7 years ago, and have just never really cared that much beyond playing games I enjoy. So yes, this sort of thing comes as a bit of a surprise.

It does reinforce why I feel a little too embarrassed to admit to being a gamer in most company. Gamers, as a whole, are such ****ing losers :(

Soldato
Not really, it's just the vocal minority as always. Even on these forums, you quickly learn the names of the small crowd who will argue about anything and everything.

Soldato
It does reinforce why I feel a little too embarrassed to admit to being a gamer in most company. Gamers, as a whole, are such ****ing losers :(

There's a bunch of us like you mate. Just ignore the snide, stroppy ones. I don't get the fuss over the slim either - it's all about the 4.5 and, for me at least, what the VR is like on it. Power and resolution wise it's not going to touch the PC options but game wise I suspect it's going to be the solution of choice.

Soldato
Not really, it's just the vocal minority as always. Even on these forums, you quickly learn the names of the small crowd who will argue about anything and everything.

There's a bunch of us like you mate. Just ignore the snide, stroppy ones.

I think you're right. Just a shame that they make a bad name for the rest of us.

I'll leave you guys to the PS4 talk, gone off on a bit of a tangent (sorry).

Soldato
PS4 slim unboxing (is the Slim the 4.5? I don't follow this stuff much).

Been making waves for a few days online. lots of people calling fake and abusing the uploader (Laura Kate), but I would be very surprised it it was anything but legit.

thought units went on sale and were leaked from the UAE, sure I watched a video from the know on this.

Soldato
I'm excited and not excited for this lol. I have a feeling that the spec isn't going to be that impressive but will no doubt have a 4k blu ray player so I wont need my Xbox one S anymore. Hoping it has Dolby Vision but I seriously doubt it will. Id also imagine DTS X and Atmos will work on the Neo compared to the xbox which doesn't support it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom