PlayStation 4 Pro in-bound

Soldato
Can it be the 7th now?... I have £220 in Game credit waiting to go onto a Neo.
C'mon, 1080/60 please! Also, anyway this will be quiter than the OG PS4?

I wonder what the VR performance is going to be like. Could pull me back from the 'saving for Oculus' crowd.

V F

V F

Soldato
Honestly, I've rarely had much to do with any of it. Always been a single-player (or local co-op) gamer, barring a brief dalliance with Delta Force back in 2000 and TF2 on X360 6 or 7 years ago, and have just never really cared that much beyond playing games I enjoy. So yes, this sort of thing comes as a bit of a surprise.

It does reinforce why I feel a little too embarrassed to admit to being a gamer in most company. Gamers, as a whole, are such ****ing losers :(

There's a bunch of us like you mate. Just ignore the snide, stroppy ones. I don't get the fuss over the slim either - it's all about the 4.5 and, for me at least, what the VR is like on it. Power and resolution wise it's not going to touch the PC options but game wise I suspect it's going to be the solution of choice.

I don't understand it. Gamers back in 2000 - 04 I do not recall being like this? Saying that the internet was a different place back then.

Soldato
I don't understand it. Gamers back in 2000 - 04 I do not recall being like this? Saying that the internet was a different place back then.

Funny, I was thinking the same the other day. I ran a decent-sized LANparty from the mid-late nineties through to mid 2000's, great times, and all decent people most of whom I'm still in touch with.

I don't think I could stand to be in a room with the kind of people that identify as 'gamers' on the internet these days.

EDIT: wow...just take a look at the latest post on the 'how feminists effect gaming' thread and see what I mean (if it's not removed by tnen).

Last edited:
Soldato
Glad it wasn't just me who thought that. Utterly vile.

Tbh, if you followed the history of all this nonsense you would get it.

People vilifying and trying to ruin the lives of game developers simply because there's a bit of boobage or something their sensibilities can't cope with.

Just think people are fed up with that crowd getting in the way of what it use to be about.

How they can make a video game into something political is beyond me. It's meant to be about the fun surely.

Once the game media caught on, we ended up with GamerGate kicking off.

Gaaah...... back to the PS 4.5, has there been any real reveal of what it's likely to be called yet? If they called it Playstation 5, I can see there being a whiney uproar.

Associate
Can it be the 7th now?... I have £220 in Game credit waiting to go onto a Neo.

Likewise. I wanted to get a PS4 to go with my PC, just for the Playstation exclusives. The money is burning a hole in my pocket and am just waiting to see what is revealed tomorrow before hitting the order/pre-order button on something.

Associate
What are the chances of this thing going on sale right away?

Some rumours are saying next week! We just don't know and won't know until tomorrow.

I'm not convinced about the next week rumour though, but I hope I'm wrong. The reason I'm not convinced is that given the PS4 Slim 'leak', I find it hard to believe the Neo wouldn't 'leak' either.

Then again, the Slim could be a massive stunt concocted by Sony who released it into the channel for a laugh /conspiracytheory

Caporegime
I don't think the Neo will come out until November at the earliest. Any game released in October onwards has to have Neo support so I don't think they'll sell it without any games ready.

Soldato
I cannot see the Neo being marketed as anything other than a 4K/VR console. VR will be the new thing and the '4K' will be a marketing trick as I doubt any games will be native 4k, they'll most likely be upscaled to 4K. Big differece.

Caporegime
I doubt any games will be native 4k, they'll most likely be upscaled to 4K. Big differece.

I think some indie games will manage 4K (2160p) @ 30fps native but the other stuff will probably be 1800p upscaled to 2160p. I've seen someone on Twitter talking about a Japanese company currently running one of their games in 4K @ 30fps and 1080p @ 90fps. Rumours are it's Square Enix and FFXV but I'll take all that with a big gulp of soy sauce.

Soldato
I cannot see the Neo being marketed as anything other than a 4K/VR console. VR will be the new thing and the '4K' will be a marketing trick as I doubt any games will be native 4k, they'll most likely be upscaled to 4K. Big differece.

I am expecting the same. If the current PC market cant run 4K properly, then we shouldn't expect a games console to do so. Especially when if you want to get good 4K performance you need two 1080's in SLI....that isnt cheap.

Back
Top Bottom