PlayStation Plus auto renew - switching itself back on

Soldato
Has anyone else found their PS+ auto renew keeps switching itself back on, periodically?
I make a point of switching it off again after renewing each year, but it always seems to be switched back on by the time the next renewal is due.
I've found this issue again yesterday, and it's just giving me an error when I try to switch the auto renew off.

Soldato
Never known it do that, I know as soon as I redeem a period of PSN via a code it switches back on automatically however (I always manually turn it off as I buy my subs from CDKEYS).

However, if you could somehow prove it's definitely doing this by itself, I'd be very interested to hear! Sneaky Sony...

Soldato
Mines done it to me a few times, I've put a month on and set my renewal to off, month later paypal emails telling me they've taken out £x for psn sub, and i'm like WHAT?!

I don't use my playstation all that often, unless one of my mates asks to play GTA or something, then i'll buy plus to play.

Soldato
Yes, I have had this happen. Was a years sub' too. I contacted them and said I was 100% sure it were turned off and that it must have been an update. To be fair they did not question that and refunded straight away. Even from the wallet back onto my card as well.

Soldato
It will switch itself back on if you add more time to your Plus. So for example I had a couple of years, I purchased another year last week and after I'd added that my auto-renewal was active once more.
I've never seen mine switch on for no reason.
Certainly not from Firmware updates - can you imagine the amount of **** Sony would get into if they rolled out a firmware upgrade and everybody's Plus status changed to auto-renew?
Not gonna happen

Soldato
That would be why they refunded the guys purchase straight to his card, no questions asked.
Because it turned itself on after a firmware upgrade?
Unlikely - it wouldn't be limited to one person.
There are these big conspiracy theories surrounding large companies about how they are above the law and do as they like, yet when you boil down past the crud and rubbish many people talk, you find there really isn't much conspiracy going on.

Take all the people who have ever reported auto-renewal coming on. Remove from those the 90% of people just joining in. Now remove the percentage of people who didn't even realise that auto-renew was default and then remove all the people who forgot to remove it.
I'm sure we've got some isolated cases left - but not many.

Soldato
My subscription does not run out until November, just checked my emails and that have taken £12.99 for one month, WTF and I deleted my card, does anyone have a number for them as I am at work and need to contact them but do not have time to try and fine a number. Thanks.

Soldato
It will switch itself back on if you add more time to your Plus. So for example I had a couple of years, I purchased another year last week and after I'd added that my auto-renewal was active once more.
I've never seen mine switch on for no reason.
Certainly not from Firmware updates - can you imagine the amount of **** Sony would get into if they rolled out a firmware upgrade and everybody's Plus status changed to auto-renew?
Not gonna happen

Considering I had only had the PS4 a year when it happened and have only ever bought a one year sub when I first got it, it more than likely was a firmware update. I 100% know I set it to not renew when I set it up.

Soldato
I can't even turn auto renew off on my account. I've had this error message when trying to do it for over a week now.
siMHJzP.jpg

I had this issue, I think I got in touch with the PS Support Twitter account and they said it would be "fixed" shortly, tried a week later and indeed, it had been fixed. Beyond a joke, this. Properly dirty tactics.

Also removed all bank cards and PayPal tied to your account. Stops this from happening.

Indeed, you're not wrong. Can be quite a hinderance if you buy on there regularly and are constantly needing to enter your card details though.

Associate
I think they should just ask the user each month/6months/year if they want to renew their subscription when it runs out. What’s the harm in a simple question asking yes or no.

When you cancel is asks WHY (WHY ARE YOU LEAVING US) and gives a list of answers to choose from. Same applies the other way round don’t you think.

Microsoft are sneaky and have made it more difficult to turn off auto renew. It’s not even an option on the console anymore you have to log into the website to do it.

It’s a horrible way to do things imo. The way it is now they rely on people not being bothered or forgetting to turn the options off.

Back
Top Bottom