PlayStation VR / VR2

Soldato
I ordered well in advance as soon as it went live on amazon with the aim bundle and mines not arriving till the 19th now. I thought it was eerily quiet yesterday with emails confirming the order.

Soldato
got a chance to experience PSVR yesterday
it's pretty damn cool, was mainly the demos i played, like the Luge, the shark attack, tank game etc
all very good but after about 30mins my stomach was churning, pretty bad nausea and i couldnt wait to get the thing off
could be my age or just not having my 'VR legs'?
not for me but good to try it out

Soldato
We’re writing to let you know that the following items have been unexpectedly delayed:

"Farpoint + Sony PlayStation VR Aim Controller (PSVR)"
Estimated arrival date: May 19 2017

:(. Also pre-ordered ages ago, February I think. Will see if anywhere local has stock.

Associate
There are some fairly decent reviews showing up for farpoint but I'm still going to wait as I personally don't think its worth money for such a short experience.

Also I've just read the Arizona Sunshine is coming out next month for psvr and apparently it will use the aim controller. Hopefully more games are on their way that will use it too.

Fingers crossed for our next big game for psvr...Star Trek bridge crew. Looks like it will be such a laugh online but lets hope its good game also :)

Soldato
My Farpoint with aim controller arrived today, I've played 2 hours so far and it's really, really good.

The aim controller works so well and very accurate, graphics are good, very smooth (running on a Pro). Just glad I don't listen to the negative reviews as this is a really good VR experience and more to the point a very good game.

Just wish they had the 'Alien' licence :)

Soldato
What's the aim controller like then guys? Really hoping I see something from it that makes me want to keep my psvr.

I guess it depends what you're expecting from it. It's doesn't look like your typical gun controller but it's very well designed with the buttons etc in very intuitive places so you don't have to think about it.

It's also very accurate and playing a game like Farpoint with the controller just really adds to the experience and you quickly find yourself aiming naturally... altough I have to get out of the habit of closing an eye when aiming down the sight, lol

It's also got vibration feedback which you may expect but whats hard to describe is the feel of resistance it gives at times... also changing weapons in Farpoint is really cool, just flick it back over your shoulder and its done.

Soldato
I think I'm going to sell mine, just haven't got any enthusiasm to use it anymore, 50 quid, for a 6 hour game??

Well I paid £66 for the game and controller which is pretty good imo, the controller by itself is worth not far off that.

Even if the game is 6 hours, that's 6 hours of fun and does not bother me at all. I'd rather have a short game that I enjoy and complete than a long game that I don't.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom