PlayStation VR / VR2

Soldato
Any kind OCUK forum member with a PS VR willing to give me a demo. I have rather demanding eyes (3D gives me headaches etc) so need to be sure I can cope with VR before I buy and I dont see shops offering a good long demo. Willing to travel from St Albans! Thanks guys

Soldato
My PSVR has developed an issue with the signal from the breakout box to the TV. It starts off ok, then after a few minutes or an hour starts flickering and occasionally drops the hdmi signal. Signal to the headset is fine.

Any ideas? Both hdmi cables work fine if run directly from the ps4 to the TV, swapping the cables around or swapping cable ends makes no difference (I know the original ps4 hdmi should go to the TV). I don't have access to another PS4 to eliminate that.

Thought it might be overheating but the box and the air out the back seem cool to the touch.

Bought it second hand so no warranty.

Associate
My PSVR has developed an issue with the signal from the breakout box to the TV. It starts off ok, then after a few minutes or an hour starts flickering and occasionally drops the hdmi signal. Signal to the headset is fine.

Any ideas? Both hdmi cables work fine if run directly from the ps4 to the TV, swapping the cables around or swapping cable ends makes no difference (I know the original ps4 hdmi should go to the TV). I don't have access to another PS4 to eliminate that.

Thought it might be overheating but the box and the air out the back seem cool to the touch.

Ring Sony. Just tell them its faulty and you bought it release day but lost the receipt. Worth a shot.

I'm aware of issues with the box but havnt had any myself yet...hopefully never. There was a youtube vid showing how to fix it with cable ties as the connection was loose. Again worth a shot.

Soldato

Start here:
https://hardware.support.eu.playstation.com/en_GB#/

If the box is faulty then I think you're still entitled to a refund even if you weren't the original buyer, but don't quote me on that

Soldato
Well I haven't been through Sony support yet but I did some playing around and discovered that the issue is caused by having HDCP enabled. Turning that off instantly fixes the issue but annoyingly means I can't use Amazon Prime video.

Did some googling and found one or two other references to people with the same issues but zero solutions.

Soldato
Just a heads up - don't buy Robinson guys. I wasn't expecting much. Just a tech demo. But it looks awful. Blurry, low detail and highlights the PS VRs shortcomings.

Associate
Just a heads up - don't buy Robinson guys. I wasn't expecting much. Just a tech demo. But it looks awful. Blurry, low detail and highlights the PS VRs shortcomings.

I didn't think it was that bad, the issue for me was not the graphics but the gameplay. I played all the way through but it wasn't much fun, glad I rented it rather than bought it.

Back
Top Bottom