PlayStation VR / VR2

Associate
Does anyone know if the Ready Player One games are exclusive to the vive headset or will we see them on psvr? They look pretty cool and I’ve just recently seen the film so my interest has peaked ;)

The film was amazing btw.

Soldato
They were sponsored heavily by HTC so unlikely.

The one they did with the WaveVR is my favourite. The rise of the Gunters by Drifter gets props, they knocked it up on the Gunheart engine.

Soldato
I've been seriously getting into Playstation VR in a big way these last couple of months. I've bought more games and logged more hours since I bought my VR headset than anything else over the last 3 years. It's got me excited about gaming again in a way I haven't felt in over a decade. WipeOut and Skyrim in particular are stunning.

With that in mind would it be crazy for me to be considering trading my launch Playstation 4 for a Playstation 4 Pro? I don't currently have a 4k TV (though may buy one in the next year or two) so at the moment it would be purely for VR right now. I've heard most VR games offer at least some visual improvement on the Pro though the degree varies from game to game.

I'd love to hear thoughts from anyone that's owned both to compare?

Soldato
I've heard it's a lot better on the pro.

My brother has had the headset since launch and has had both versions of the ps4. He says there's a significant difference both in graphical quality and frame rate.

I've only tried it on the pro so can't vouch for that but there's no reason for him to make it up.

Soldato
I decided to go for it and picked up a PS4 pro earlier today. So far pretty much all the VR games I've tried are improved to at least some degree in the Pro. Mainly in terms of improved resolution/sharpness and anti-aliasing to get rid of jaggies and artifacts. On some games like Skyrim the difference is particularly noticeable.

There's a really good thread on this website that lists all the games with improvements on the pro for anyone interested.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/all-games-with-ps4-pro-enhancements.3101/

Last edited:
Associate
Borrowed a friends VR and just can't seem to get a non slight blurred picture. I would blame my eyes but my brother has the same issue with it. I've calibrated it as per the setup menu.

Associate
Borrowed a friends VR and just can't seem to get a non slight blurred picture. I would blame my eyes but my brother has the same issue with it. I've calibrated it as per the setup menu.

There is a eye distance calibration tool you could try. Personally I find it’s best to angle the headset until the picture becomes clear. There is a sweet spot and it is very clear once you get it.

Soldato
DJMONDY said:
Personally I find it’s best to angle the headset until the picture becomes clear.

+1

I find the headrest at the back of the headset need to be lower down than you think it should be. Every time I put the headset on I always move it up and down until the image is clear.

Associate
Killing floor incursion is well worth a look guys. It’s maybe a tad expensive and the controls take a bit of getting used to but it’s really good fun and I’ve only playing the solo side of it.

Hope we get a release date soon for Blood and Truth. Looks brilliant!

Soldato
Killing floor incursion is well worth a look guys. It’s maybe a tad expensive and the controls take a bit of getting used to but it’s really good fun and I’ve only playing the solo side of it.

Hope we get a release date soon for Blood and Truth. Looks brilliant!
waiting on blood and truth myself, if its as good as the heist it will be freaking awesome

Associate
waiting on blood and truth myself, if its as good as the heist it will be freaking awesome

I believe it will be better than the heist. Only downside for me is it looks like there’s no free movement in the demos shown. You sort of point to the area you want to run to or it’s on rails.

It’s does looks awesome nonetheless!

I really hope we get a die hard or “Goldeneye” game for psvr. Imagine being in the nakatomi plaza crawling through vents and picking off bad guys.

Blood and truth looks pretty close to what I want though so maybe in the future we will get more like it but classic action film related.

Soldato
I'll be holding onto mine until something better comes askin. Of all the VR headsets I've tried so far (Vive, Oculus, PSVR) I liked the optics best on the PSVR so I'll wait until next generation comes out before selling it.

Even then I don't know if I'd want to be without WipeOut VR! Unless the resale is ridiculously high I might just keep it as I like the novelty of owning the first ever PSVR headset in what's sure to be a long line!

Man of Honour
My gf and I fell out this week...needless to say she got in the good books by buying me a PSVR, I've wanted one since launch but never bought as I thought I would get bored. Well this is perfect as if I do it's okay, I didn't buy it. I'm downloading Wipeout and have Dirt Rally coming tomorrow. It will be a long wait!

Anyone else played Dirt Rally? I hear good things.

Back
Top Bottom