Playstation VR2 Specs Announced

Soldato
t's really cool how a console is going to get what is likely the best VR headset money can buy period

You're not wrong, i said it earlier in the thread. Price of a PS5/PSVR2 will likely set you back about a grand, the price of a mid tier graphics card these days. Just looking at the Horizon video, there's little hope you'd run that on a mid tier card on a PC headset with those specs.

Who knows about future unknowns, but right now you're statement is very much correct until it's not.

Soldato
The funniest part is how they constantly attack and trash the quest2 in that video lol :p

To be fair I’m actually a fan of the Quest and own one. I do agree with what they say about the mobile specs of it limiting what games can be ported though which isn’t going to be an issue for psvr2. It’s clear ps5 will be able to support ports of pc vr titles for the foreseeable future at a much lower cost.

i suspect their main gripe is that since Facebook took over oculus meta are only interested in pushing their own platform and have abandoned PC VR hence the animosity.

Soldato
To be fair I’m actually a fan of the Quest and own one. I do agree with what they say about the mobile specs of it limiting what games can be ported though which isn’t going to be an issue for psvr2.

i suspect their main gripe is that since Facebook took over oculus meta are only interested in pushing their own platform and have abandoned PC VR hence the animosity.

That argument does sort of completely ignore the fact that you can link it up to a pc... much like you have to connect the psvr2 to a ps... let's see how well the psvr2 does standalone and compare both in both arena's :D.

Associate
That argument does sort of completely ignore the fact that you can link it up to a pc... much like you have to connect the psvr2 to a ps... let's see how well the psvr2 does standalone and compare both in both arena's :D.
Yeah I agree with this, they did completely ignore the ability to link up to a pc both with and without a cable. Plus oculus only just released Lone Echo 2 which was a huge pcvr game and very high end

Soldato
OP
Device shown off

"When PS VR2 launches, it’ll take a giant leap forward in the way we play games in virtual reality. There are plenty of exciting new features to look forward to in the PS VR2 system, including stunning visual fidelity in 4K HDR and state-of-art graphical rendering, enhanced tracking such as inside-out camera tracking, new PlayStation VR2 Sense Technology features such as headset feedback, and the new, intuitive PS VR2 Sense controller that creates an incredibly deep feeling of
immersion. Additionally, the PS VR2 system comes in a simple, single cord set up so you can connect to your games immediately. PS VR2 development kits are already in the hands of game creators, and we are excited for what they’ll come up with to truly make virtual reality a remarkable experience for gamers. We look forward to sharing more details with you about PS VR2. Stay tuned!"

https://blog.playstation.com/2022/02/22/first-look-the-headset-design-for-playstation-vr2/

Associate
Officially from Sony? No. And not any AAA games that I know of, but I enjoy indie VR games just fine. I've heard directly from some indie developers. Games that I already like and already available for Steam or elsewhere are coming to PSVR2 early on. That's why I say PSVR2 release sounds promising.

Additionally, the fact that there are solid indie games and AAA games (fair to assume more than Horizon will be available) on release furthers my opinion that it's going to be a good line up, and not just reliant on one or two individual big IPs.

Soldato
This is good news also for PC and Quest VR as undoubtedly there will be ports of many new PSVR games, plus PSVR now has touch-like controllers so the control schemes will be hugely better.

Back
Top Bottom