Please help with monitor choice!

Associate
Hi

I recently built a new gaming PC. It's a 7800X3D CPu, 7900XTX GPU and 32GB RAM, so should be capable of pretty much everything!

My Monitor was not upgraded at the point I made this PC but now the time has come.

I have a very old, 2011 BenQ GL2450-B, which is 24" and 1080P, and apprently has the following specs:
5ms response time
250 cd/m2 brightness
170/160 viewning angle
1000:1 static contract
12000000:1 dynamic contrast
50-76hzx refresh rate
NTSC 72% (whatever that means!0

So I'm thinking that pretty much any new monitor is going to be a noticable improvement, but ||I am completely bewildered by the monitor names, the fact that multiple models can have apparently the same specs yet wildly different prices,the way one youtube channel will say one is great and another will say it's bad. It's more confusing that any PC parts I had to choose from. So I need help please.

Size wise I'm looking at 27". I think that will be a nice size and larger may be too big (although I remember thinking the 24" might be a bit too large 13 years ago!).
1440P seems to be the way to go for resolution....A friend keeps saying why not go 4K with the new PC being capable, but I'm not so sure. I feel it would be big demands on the PC for little return, and I can defintely enjoy great looking games for years to come at 1440P...Open to opinions though.

I'm thinking to spend around £300-maybe up to £400 if it seems really worth it.

I seem to keep coming back to the MSI G274QPX as a potential buy. High refresh rate of 240hx and apprently decent all round. But no (proper)HDR which sounds like a good feature? It has G-sync, but do I need A-synch for my AMD PC?
But is 240hz necessary? I was looking at a 165hz version recently (lost it now!) and surely that would be just as decent, so perhaps I should look at lower hz to gain....something?
Theres the "MSI 27" MAG 275CQRF QD 2560x1440 VA 170Hz 1ms A-Sync HDR", aside from being curved and lower hz what's the difference? "HDR ready" sounds like "not HDR" to me.
Then there are Dell 2724D which is cheap and looks the same? Or LG variations. Again, cant see the much different aside from extra price.

I was on the verge of ordering a Coolermaster Tempest GP27Q because while watching a monitors unboxd vid on you tube it was higher in all their test charts than the MSI, yet they didnt recommend it over the MSI. Why, I dont know..

As you can see I am lost....any advise or suggestions would be greatfully received.

Thank you

Back
Top Bottom