1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

please just stop it, stop buying

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by Reality|Bites, Nov 2, 2018.

1. jigger

Capodecina

Maybe Nvidia should abandon board partners and auction cards direct from it's site. They wouldn't leave any money on the table that way.

2. Kirby Wurm

Hitman

As we'll soon be seeing on PCwith DLSS! :p

3. Kirby Wurm

Hitman

Absolutely. One of my brothers had a 290X four years and only just upgraded to a Vega 56 for £350 with the games. He runs 1080p Freesync 144hz and will be set for a long time, even more so my other brother who bought the same card for 1080p 60hz coming from an RX480. I had to get a 1080Ti to run the games I want to play at high FPS/settings at 1440p/144hz. When the monitor dies I'll likely drop down to 1080p.

4. lnoton

Wise Guy

Very much so. Although I was very aware I knew I was shooting myself in the foot.

This 1080ti and Rog swift must last me 4 years now. I'll play what I can and rely on reducing settings and gsync in the future.

5. chrcoluk

Wise Guy

The entire internet is plagued with it.

6. Lokken86

Mobster

It's the same with everything. Phones and cars etc
    My Dad swears by BMW no matter what. The wheels could fall off and he'd find a way to praise them.

7. spikerules

Wise Guy

Stop telling people what to do with their money. If the cards sell there is obviously a market for them. So get off of your high horse and stop bullying people into thinking they’re spending their money in the wrong way.

8. jonneymendoza

Capodecina

And photography equipment, check out canon vs sony for example lol

9. V F

Capodecina

Hmm, thought it was Canon vs Nikon... and Sony was the go to for video.

10. jonneymendoza

Capodecina

Not anymore

11. diamount

Mobster

Tell AMD to get their act together ot put something that half competes with nvidia at the high-end.

12. Gerard

Caporegime

That's what 3dfx did and it tanked badly. Company was already in trouble before that though it has to be said :(

13. Kirby Wurm

Hitman

Ditto, though I did say the same when I had my 980 Ti!

14. LePhuronn

Wise Guy

Because it's so easy to drop a new arch out of your rear in a few minutes with a couple of quid in the bank :rolleyes:

15. Lokken86

Mobster

So that Nidia can drop prices and everyone just buys those anyway? Then next generation AMD are even further behind.

I think a good mid-range product and advertise the hell out of it on TV and everything.

16. Boomstick777

Capodecina

There is already VEGA 64 of course, that competes with GTX 1080 and RTX 2070 on performance.

So guess you mean with 2080 Ti? If it means AMD are going charge same bonkers price as Nvidia, what even is the point?

Would like AMD to focus elsewhere and let someone else take on PC Gaming GPU's. Nvidia have already proven that they can polish a turd with turing, and people will buy literally at any price. Who could possibly compete with that xD

17. Panos

Sgarrista

There is already Vega 64, and the non reference (and LC) cards are truly great performers beating the GTX1080/2070. Let alone if you spend 5 minutes and cut power consumption (there are settings in the Vega 64 discussion).

As @Boomstick777 (the traitor :p ) said, is kinda pointless going for £1300 market.

18. Panos

Sgarrista

Hah :p said the one who sold his Vega 64 and put a 1060 3GB in his system.
    Boooo heretic...... :D <grabbing torch and pitchfork>. :D

19. easyrider

Caporegime

Brand loyalty is for noobs...

I’ll buy the fastest for my pocket....my pocket can buy the fastest but I’m shrewd and certainly won’t be fleeced.

The mere notion of having the fastest regardless of cost is sad imo...and goes against the whole Overclocking ethos.

35% more grunt for £700 is a joke...and i won’t be part of it...

Last edited: Nov 8, 2018 at 10:43 PM
  20. TrixX

Gangster

Lisa Su literally just confirmed they are aiming for high-end with upcoming products. Whether that's 2019 or 2020 we don't know, but they are looking to take the crown again.

Hopefully this time they also target mindshare instead of just stats. Nvidia have the collective mindshare currently so sticking a product out that's superior just gets them all confused and they still buy Nvidia. Though the 2xxx debacle is certainly causing a ruckus :D