Plesk, cPanel or direct access?

Soldato
Not been in this sub-section in many moons...

In need of some opinions, which VPS control panel do you use and which would you recommend?

Bit of context:
Typically, in the past when a client lands on my door, ill set up a dedicated and individual hosting package which is fine as the costs are obviously covered on their end. The time has come to get everything under one roof, though with a growing number of sites and ecommerce projects I want to get off the ground. I'm in the ecomm industry as it stand so have a network of developers if and when required - all of which prefer direct access or at a shove, cPanel.

I need a control panel/VPS setup thats idiot proof(I'm a design manager, what do you expect?!). I need ease of repointing my domains to the directories of the new VPS and setting up client Emails, mySQL databases and easy FTP access.

Any opinions appreciated!

Soldato
OP
That was easy then :)

Any particular reason why? More widely used? More web master features? Better community support?

It certainly helps given every dev i've spoken to suggeted it 100% over plesk.

Associate
I'm used to cPanel. Use it for all my sites. Had to use plesk one on someone else's site just didn't seam as easy or logical to me.

Permabanned
I am big fan of Cpanel.. so one more vote to cpanel reason , its easy to work with Cpanel control panel to manage domain, Email accounts, restart server services get PHP , MYSQL updated, Perform security check.
Its updated to latest stable version regularly so development of this product is in good extent.

Caporegime
Another vote for cPanel here, use it on all our servers and it's great, I'm a noob with it all but it's really straightforward and simple to understand what you are doing.

Back
Top Bottom