Pokemon GO! (2016)

Soldato
Very addictive brings back memories.. I find myself wanting to walk miles and not look a complete tool playing pokemon lol. I went to 2 gyms yesterday both over 900cp pokemon there obviously I got battered.. Just how are they that high ranked already.. Also the egg hatching is a bit of a pain as the phone screen must be on the app which destroys your battery

Soldato
Very addictive brings back memories.. I find myself wanting to walk miles and not look a complete tool playing pokemon lol. I went to 2 gyms yesterday both over 900cp pokemon there obviously I got battered.. Just how are they that high ranked already.. Also the egg hatching is a bit of a pain as the phone screen must be on the app which destroys your battery

I believe the accessory will cover this, which makes sense a good way for them to sell a £30 band. Also some people already have super OP pokemon, one dude had a 1800CP lapris on reddit. Apparently there is lucky eggs that gives the best pokemon.

Did more reading, turn on battery saver, I think whenever your phone notices it on table or face down it will turn the screen off but keep phone unlocked. I shall test this shortly.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Argh!

I want to give up on this game as its not actually that good, but its latched onto my compusion to have full sets of things and now its got me like a heroin addiction!

Saw loads of people walking about town playing it too! I was training at a Gym and a guy walked past, stopped, captured it right under my nose and walked off with a grin. Waited for him to leave then took it back :p

Soldato
Anyone working near China Town that its crazy over there, someone left a lot of lore, just standing still and 6-10 pokemon would pop up at a time. In 30mins I caught 30 pokemon and now up too 58 caught in total. Nothing rare or amazing yet but the EXP is nice, almost Level 7 now.

I picked Team Instinct, looks like the Red team is best for my work area, most gyms are owned by them.

Permabanned
Downloaded the game to see what all the hype was about hoping this would be a good pokemon game... it's not your better of downloading a gameboy emulator on your phone and playing the old games.

You come across Pokemon when you walk around and if you want to catch them you don't even have to do battle - just keep throwing Pokemon balls untill you catch it.

You can't battle other people or trade.

You battle people at the Gyms but even the battle mechanics are rubbish, it's not turned based it's just seems pretty random to me.

The gym battles are kind of pointless your aim is to take over the gym which is not explained very well at all, and once you do you defend them and gain more items.

The only slight addictive thing about this game is trying to catch them all... but will seriously take up stupid amount of gameplay hours and drain your battery.

pointless game for me.. the orginals were way more fun.

Associate
It has only just come out give them time.

They have already stated they have a timeline for adding trading, friends, pve battles and pvp battles. Also this only has gen 1 pokes atm.

It'll get better with time.

Soldato
I think the idea is really good. Its good fun actually hunting pokemon, having to follow those footprints too figure out where to go, the gym battle looks like a good idea (expect I picked yellow and red seems to be owning). All around seems like a decent game that should be good fun.

Soldato
The only slight addictive thing about this game is trying to catch them all...

The the WHOLE point of pokemon :p It achieved it's main goal and revamped it along the way to fit into modern day culture (a simple quick hook (toss a ball) that you dont mind doing, over and over and over)

now the game can evolve and develop a bit more, but as most games seem to forget their main point along the way, i have high hopes for mongo :D

Caporegime
The fact the turn based battle mechanic is completely abscent from the game is my worry. I'm yet to be convinced they will add it later either, as it would require a complete redesign of the mechanism to both catch Pokemon and battle at Gyms. If they were going to do it, they would have done it from the off.

Caporegime
The originals lent themselves to turn based, and lets be realistic, that's all the gameboys were really capable off.

This version is more about emulating how it would be in real life, so if/when they do introduce battles (PVE or PVP) expect it to be similar to the current gym battles, turn based would just be too slow for modern day ADD types ;)

Caporegime
Turn based mechanics exist all over the place in all sorts of games, not just Gameboy games.

Theres zero skill involved in the curent battles, you can't even chose which attack to use! Mashing the screen until one of them dies is not a game.

Soldato
Turn based mechanics exist all over the place in all sorts of games, not just Gameboy games.

Theres zero skill involved in the curent battles, you can't even chose which attack to use! Mashing the screen until one of them dies is not a game.

If you stopped complaining and paid attention you'd realise that when you use your normal attack, you build energy which then allows you to use a special attack. And let's be honest, there was never a tonne of skill involved in the game boy version anyway, you use your strongest attack (or most super effective) until the other guy died or you ran out of PP.

Soldato
You can actually download Pokemon Go in the UK here:

http://ios.hipstore.mobi/app/Pokemon-GO/1000007852

Once downloaded and installed go to Settings > General and then there should be a new thing that says either "Profiles & Device Management", which you need to go into, or "Yestech Technology Joint Stock Company....blah blah blah". Just click on either of these and trust the app, and there you go - Pokemon Go on iOS in the UK, without all the trickery.

Back
Top Bottom