• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Poll: Performance metrics

Soldato
I'm just curious where the average (I know none of us here would really be the "average" since we're likely enthusiasts but still...) consumer's mind is with regard to various metrics.

I'm working with the idea in mind that option 1 is say.. the 3080 with the bells/whistles it offers, then potential competitor values.. Option 1 is the baseline; the rest is "compromises" ... so what's the "lowest" metrics you'd consider paying the same money for as the baseline.. or is the baseline the only option?
Would you take a card that gave you 20fps less but didn't rely on DLSS? What about 40fps? Do you even care about DXR? Would you trade DXR and DLSS for an extra 50fps?

I'm not sure I'm wording it right; but my general idea is if AMD announced their £650 card - 3080 competitor - and had these features, what would you pick? Obviously option 2 is better than 3, and 4 better than 5 -- but I want you to compare them to option 1, not to each other.. so if AMD brought out a card with option 3's results - would you buy it over 1? If not, would you buy 2 over 1? Or is 1 the only choice there? Or maybe you just want raw framerate and don't care for DXR - so would 150fps be enough to make the switch? 200?

Options:

1. Card with 100fps with DXR and DLSS
2. Card with 80fps with DXR, no DLSS
3. Card with 60fps with DXR, no DLSS
4. Card with 200fps, no DXR or DLSS
5. Card with 150fps, no DXR or DLSS

Back
Top Bottom