• Space Grey 256GB

Votes: 98 18.4%
  • I want one but it's too expensive

Votes: 125 23.5%
  • I'm not interested

Votes: 190 35.7%

• Total voters
Soldato
Went from a 7+ to the X about a week after release and now I wouldn't want to go back to a home button/TouchID iPhone. Much prefer the bar and gestures for using the phone.

Really want them to bring FaceID and the tap-to-wake feature to the iPads now but I wont be buying a new one for a while as bought a new Pro last year

Associate
If I got one I dont feel I'd miss TouchID that much tbh, when I heard the fingerprint was being removed I wasnt that fussed.

Shame they got rid of the 128GB storage option though, 64GB might just be enough based on my current usage but 256 is overkill for myself.

Definitely curious as to what they'll bring to this years X however in terms of features.

Soldato
I don’t miss TouchID at all now, when I first got my X I wasn’t a fan of FaceID but now it’s recognised my face over time, it’s great.

Soldato
I had a vent clip holder and wouldn't have one again. The main problem was in the summer on hot days, I had the AC on full which cooled the phone, lithium batteries hate the cold and it lost charge fast.

Magnetic is no good as I use the Apple leather case and I don't like the screen suction cup type. What other options are there? A suction cup to the dash would be good but I don't think any of my cars dash is smooth enough.

Permabanned
A friend of mine got one a week or so ago. Gotta say it's a lovely looking phone. I'll have to try it out when next I see my friend.

Deleted member 138126

D

Deleted member 138126

I had a vent clip holder and wouldn't have one again. The main problem was in the summer on hot days, I had the AC on full which cooled the phone, lithium batteries hate the cold and it lost charge fast.
I thought Lithium-Ion hated heat. Can't keep up!

Soldato
I thought Lithium-Ion hated heat. Can't keep up!

They hate heat from a battery desegregation point of view, this tends to be permanent.

They hate cold from a chemistry point of view. As they get cold the chemical reaction slows down and voltage drops and thus the amount of power the cell can put out is reduced. Once the temperature returns to a normal level the performance returns. The state of charge is measured from the voltage which is why you 'lose charge' when its cold but get it back when it warms up again even without plugging in.

Man of Honour
When I had one I just turned off the particular vent the phone was over since it was blocking most of the airflow anyway.

Deleted member 138126

D

Deleted member 138126

When I had one I just turned off the particular vent the phone was over since it was blocking most of the airflow anyway.
Yeah that's what I'll be doing from now on. My thought process was "if they hate the heat, then they must love the cold".

Soldato
Sound output on the X is really quiet.

We have a Bluetooth speaker at work and when using the X through AUX, the sound is quiet yet my mates iPhone 6s and my mates HTC 10 are really loud.

All volume settings were on max too.

Soldato
Oddly enough I find sound over bluetooth much louder than when doing sound over cable/CarPlay when I drive. But Carplay, whilst quieter, has much better quality.

I only really use bluetooth with my AirPods.

Soldato
So tempted to upgrade my 8 to an X...

Having come from a Galaxy S8 I do miss the bigger screen. I only paid £570 for my iPhone 8 due to that US exchange rate at the time so should be able to claw back around £400. Also can pick up a new X through a work promotion for around £850...sorely tempted to make the jump!

Last edited:
Soldato
Ok so I went for one...Amazon in Spain, coming tomorrow £818. Paid in Euros as you get a much better exchange through MasterCard and my Credit Card doesn’t charge me for use in other currencies :)

Back
Top Bottom