Polymer grout - sealing

Soldato
Would you bother?
It's better at not absorbing water than cement only ones, but not as good as epoxy.
Reading on sealants, sounds like they all make a mess and leave a film, so thinking it's not a good idea.

Permabanned
Depends why you need to seal it.

Sealing grout is not really very effective. It does work, but not forever. I normally don't use it because of the fact it doesn't work forever ( you are supposed to reapply it now and then but who does that? ). So I would use normal grout in dry areas and epoxy in wet. I have to say that I haven't used the polymer ( that I am aware of ) so can't comment but if it is as good as they say then it would make a good alternative for semi-wet areas like a bathroom floor. I would still use epoxy for something like a shower until someone tells me it's as good as epoxy! It would be nice to use it though if it is good, epoxy is expensive and difficult to apply.

Soldato
OP
I didn't want to use epoxy as it didn't sound easy to use.
It's for a shower area around the bath, so would have been ideal really. Polymer added was the next best. I've ordered some sealer, as I need to seal some slate tiles.
I'll probably give it a go on the grout, then never coat again as you say, lol

Soldato
Sorry to jump on this thread...but saves a new post.

I am going to be building an outside table for the pizza oven.

Was going to have a tiled top and wondered what the best grout would be for this application?

Back
Top Bottom