• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Poor 3d mark score + very hot northbridge

Associate
Hi guys, im just been benchmarking my xfx 6800gs xxx ed

now i got a score of 2585, does that seem low? on 3dmark06

other thing is, i bought one of those zalman northbridge coolers, as ive heard that the Asus A8N-SLi Deluxe northbridge fan usually conks out after a while, now i was checking the seating of the gc, and brushed the heat sink, and it was freeking hot!

is this normal?

Thanks guys

Soldato
2500 3d 06' marks seems about right for a xfx 6800gs xxx ed GFX card.

Well it is normal for gfx cards to run quite hot especially if you are running very graphically demanding programs such as 3d Mark 06'. So is probably just normal.

As for your CPU, is there any way that you can get the temperature of it?

Whappers

Associate
OP
OK... this is really odd.. i just ran the test again, and this time its scored 1452, but ive checked out the system details, and it says that the core is clocked to 11.3mhz? its meant to be 480+ whats going on? any way to change this?

Soldato
S7rider said:
i bought one of those zalman northbridge coolers... and brushed the heat sink, and it was freeking hot!
The zalman is passive and will no doubt be hotter than an active part, although infinitely quiter. You could try putting a case fan pointing at the zalman.

Associate
OP
cheers for the replys, thing is, how come its only scoring 1400 now? i just done understand it, ive got 2 gigs gskill, 3700+

ive tried overclocking it and it then registers the stock frequencys, but its still scoring less... i stumped

Associate
OP
Anyone please? its scoring around 1000-1300... according to the clock rates, its at stock, but according to 3dmark its not... and its reflecting on the results

any ideas? anyway of "reseting the card" not that i have softmodded it at all

Back
Top Bottom