Porch Spotlights

Associate
Looking to get some spot lights fitting on our outside porch which will light up the front door area.

Whsts the best way to get these "spotlights" smart enabled so they can be controlled from a ios app or put on some sort of smart timer (which adjusts for differing day light hours)?

Associate
OP
Ive got a pi with home assistant set up on it with a conbee zigbee attachment....started setting it up years ago but never ended up doing it.

Life took over, and my mini project got left at bottom of a cupboard. Time to ressurect it.

Is hue bulbs compatible with HA? I dont want to buy a seperate hub.
Are Tapo bulbs HA compatible?

Associate
OP
Actually have a shelly unit somewhere in one of my cupboards...sitting gathering dust with my HA....was meant to make my media wall unit lights smart light compartible,....never got round to it. :(

Associate
OP
went with dumb spotlights wired into a switch with a sonoff zbmini-l2 switch (£13 ebay) behind...allowing me to control on/off using HA. Just got it set up with set times at the moment but will get the automation configured to utilise dusk timing for auto switch on.
Future plans, add a motion sensor (probably hue outdoor motion sensor) to turn on light (if its off and its dark) on detection of motion.

HA setup is Raspberry Pi 4 with sonoff zigbee dongle(£20). Got rid of the conbee zigbee dongle(sold on ebay for £24).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom