Possible to revieve laptop battery?

Ah yeah theres a trick with freezing the laptop battery.

If i remember the steps correctly you have to drain it down as much as possible.

Then wrap it in a sealed bag and place it in the freezer for 24hours.

Take it out and let it return to room temperature and make sure theres no condesation.

Place in laptop and charge up.

Repeat it a few times and its supposed to boost the battery life.

Ill try and find the link, but i cant remember exactly where i got it.

Hope this helps

I thought I'd try this as I had a battery which lasted about 2 mins before starting to beep and then another few mins before switching to standby.

I was going to try and construct a replacement using NiMH AA batteries but gave this one last shot. I just took it out the plastic casing, wrapped it in cellophane and stuck it in the freezer for what was 36 hours. Took it out to warm up and dried off any condensation (note, leave on wrapping till back at room temp).

Then put the battery in and only had a chance to use it briefly , but it went from 50% down to 40% in about 15 mins (and that was installing a program so using the HDD etc) , so its looking like its back to a useable state! I need to do a couple of full charges and discharges, and then may stick it in the freezer one more time if I think its required, but touch wood, I should be able to get a couple of hours battery life out of it.

So this, fairly astonishingly, does work!

Just to update, did a full discharge yesterday and lasted just over 2 hours, though it seemed to jump from around 17% to 0% pretty quickly. Still, will cycle a few full charges and discharges and hopefully it will stay at 2 hours.

Kaiser Soze said:
Just to update, did a full discharge yesterday and lasted just over 2 hours, though it seemed to jump from around 17% to 0% pretty quickly. Still, will cycle a few full charges and discharges and hopefully it will stay at 2 hours.

Hi, does this work with a Li Ion battery they use in the newer lappies? :)

Back
Top Bottom