Possible upgrade.....

Associate
Hi,
Right my current rig is starting to show its age. It was built about 3 years ago maybe 4 although it has been upgraded since then it has started to struggle. I was looking to build a new rig in about 5 months as there are a few new games out that I'll be wanting to play. Anyway I was lucky to get a very cheap 64 bit system recently and have become tempted by just getting a few bits and using that as a game system. Which ever is dumped is becoming me new server so the best bits will get Cannibalized and put into my new gaming rig. Anyway I was looking to see what people thought was best....... here are the systems.

Current gaming Rig:

Athlon XP 2500+ Barton core
ASUS A7V8X Motherboard
Radeon 9800 128MB of RAM
2 x Corsair (CMX512-3200C2PT) 512MB, DDR400 / PC3200, non-ECC, unbuffered, CL2 RAM
Maxtor PATA 120GB HDD

The 64bit:
Sempron 3000+ skt 939
Gigabyte K8A482M (no not a typo its not on their website)
2 x 256 Axper DDR 400 RAM.
On-board GFX
Western digital SE 80GB SATA HDD

Now if I do decide to go with the 64bit I'd need a new GFX card and luckily it has PCI-E. I'd probably need a new PSU as well. Anyway I've seen a X1300 with 512MB of RAM on a competitors web page for about £70 so thats the budget I've got for a GFX card however I'm not suck to that card and if you know a better one for about that range please feel free to tell me.

So the main question is ...... is it worth spending almost £150 on that 64bit system or just save it for a few months and add it to the system I get then. Oh yea sorry for the long post
Cheers
-How.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom