Possibly moving to Monaco

Associate
Hello Everyone,

Just wanted to see what you thought about moving to Monaco. Im currently living in London and enjoy it. Im 26, my girlfriend doesnt want to come - but i feel that i shouldnt stop me moving - as we could break up and then I may regret not going. However, from looking around and speaking to people it looks like it could be a rather quiet place to live (for the majority of the year)..

Would you go?

Last edited:

FTM

FTM

Soldato
why wouldnt she want to go..its full of millionaires and famous people

good climate, zero crime

as the cliche goes...its a playground for the rich and famous of the world...sports cars and yachts..

Tru

Tru

Soldato
sam2380 said:
Im going for an interview there!.. so it will be good money.. but money isnt everything in life is it?

Ah well, if it's for a job then go for it. You're right, money isn't everything but I'm sure you know what Monaco is like, millionaires playground etc. Freefaller has worked over there before so maybe he'll chime in. Also I'm surprised your GF isn't keen, Monaco is a shopping paradise. I'm sure she has her reasons but you should persuade her to at least try it.

fuz

fuz

Associate
I absolutely love the place, and would happily live there for most of the year, however i'm sure its one of those places you go to in moderation (my wallet can't handle more than a few visits)

Soldato
I went a couple of weeks back and quite frankly I thought it was a bit rubbish. Full of tourists, no decent shops and it looked to be lacking in entertainment. If you're going to be working in Monaco I'd consider living in Nice instead.

JRS

JRS

Soldato
FishFluff said:
If you're going to be working in Monaco I'd consider living in Nice instead.

Quoted for emphasis. Much better plan than actually living in Monaco, and the commute is hardly a chore since public transport there is orders of magnitude better than it generally is here.

Associate
OP
JRS said:
Quoted for emphasis. Much better plan than actually living in Monaco, and the commute is hardly a chore since public transport there is orders of magnitude better than it generally is here.

That would be a good option, but you have to pay tax if you live in france!

Caporegime
jamiemoles said:
From what I understand, most of the Formula 1 drivers who live there can only afford small apartments - and these guys are multi-millionaires!

:eek:

Yes because Monaco isnt that big a country ;) lol.

Ive been there a few times and have to say its a nice place but definitely a playground for the rich and filthy rich tbh.

Man of Honour
I don't mind Monaco as I'm paid to go there. I wouldn't live there though really - it's not really my style. It's expensive, and a bit "artificial", small and can be a little dull. However if you've got a chance for a job over there and give it a go - don't life on "what ifs". Secondly you're not far from Italy, or the French Riviera i.e La Cote D'Azur which offers fantastic distractions - though its infested with the English now ;)

Caporegime
Plenty of other south coast places that are cheaper.

I really could see not real point living there, other than to drop "I lived in Monaco once dont you know?"

But if i said that it would be followed up by a "thwack" noise and blood rushing out of my nose :)

Back
Top Bottom