Post your actual energy usage

28JAN - 27FEB for us (2 people + dog in 3-bed detached, 2017 build):

Gas: 878.1kWh, £99.14 inc. SC
Elec: 366.5kWh, £97.89 inc. SC.

Electricity is 160.2kWh in day rate (42.29p/kWh), 206.3kWh in night rate (7.5p/kWh), giving us an effective electricity unit cost of 22.7p/kWh.

EDIT: 72.5kWh of the night rate was actual car charging, the rest is just load shifting and an electric radiator running in the GO window.

Last edited:
1677762381217.png

For some reason gas readings aren't being shown but electricity usage was great in Feb - largely down to 50% of the month being solar powered.

But for Jan through to now I've used 3990 to 4107 cm^3 whatever that works out as.

3 Bed Semi detached 1950's build, I WFH and my wife is a childminder 4 days per week. Family of 3.

August 22 - Feb 23 usage:

Electric 2400 Kwh
Gas 2720 Kwh

Cost £1210

For the current costs that's not too bad £200-ish per month?
Indeed, we are extremely conscious of what we use and have been very proactive with reducing use etc. Electric blankets and hot water bottles all round have really helped reduce costs. We are very fortunate that we could comfortably afford to spend a lot more but why be unnecessarily wasteful.

Indeed, we are extremely conscious of what we use and have been very proactive with reducing use etc. Electric blankets and hot water bottles all round have really helped reduce costs. We are very fortunate that we could comfortably afford to spend a lot more but why be unnecessarily wasteful.

I struggle with the cold, but we've been very conscious about our gas usage, but fortunately with the fireplace it does warm up the house a little, although it's too small to heat up our home completely, it takes the edge off. If I'm working from home (usually 2 days a week, sometimes more) I wear several layers and try and tough it out. However with the fact we barely spend anything on electricity anymore I've loosened my belt a little and put the heating on more as I prefer being comfortable. For a family of 4 I think we're doing pretty well - and not working from home probably helps too!

28FEB-27MAR we did:

Elec: 350kWh @ 21.64p/kWh = £88.97 with standing charge
Gas: 817.2kWh @ 10.34p/kWh = £92.04 with standing charge

Expecting a small rise in electricity next month as I've just switched us off GO onto Octopus' standard variable, but at the same time won't have car charging overnight and the electric radiator in one room will be turned off in a few weeks so hopefully lower usage will even out the higher unit cost.

1921.6 units generated for my 6 month FIT payment of £601.93. I'm getting 34p a unit now after an increase in April this year.

I used 493.2 units from the grid in May at a total cost of £50.54.

Looking good for a 2nd year of profit on energy.

February was better than January.

Electric Day 84kwh £37.59 +vat &SC
Electric Night 344kwh £59.17 +vat &SC
Gas 1145kwh £125

Total £238.

The battery installation really helped keep most of my daytime electric use to overnight prices. Bill was £200 less than Janurary.

Back
Top Bottom