Post your living room

Caporegime
So, I log in to OcUK but somehow end up on Mumsnet?

Moved to H&G, so I retract my whinge. As you were, ladies.

Ha,

You missed the earlier banter in the items just purchased thread so whoosh

I have zero interest in your 'cinema thread'. You cannot argue with the financial sense (or lack thereof) of buying a remote to replace two you already own. It's not as if you can sell the original remotes for a profit!

Oh dear :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
Why thank you sir, I got a good deal on the chairs, I don't really like the fireplace, but this was the first room I did when I moved in and was strapped for cash/tough to remove!
I too really like the fireplace - is it an open wood fire, or gas?

How're you finding the glass tables? I've always steered clear given my experience of the cold feel and noise of such tables in restaurants etc. but it certainly gives the room a more spacious feel.

Soldato
I too really like the fireplace - is it an open wood fire, or gas?

How're you finding the glass tables? I've always steered clear given my experience of the cold feel and noise of such tables in restaurants etc. but it certainly gives the room a more spacious feel.

It was a terrible old electric fire and I've replaced with an old (free!) electric fire placeholder my parents had (I've never turned it on! Just use the central heating). I got a scrap bit of metal to cover the old opening as a placeholder. This is a pic from last year but haven't changed huge amounts since.

I do intend to put a log burner in there, probably next year at some point. It's fallen down the to do list of jobs!

xIYIOnH.jpg

Soldato
long and thin room, so difficult to photo properly.
qiU5r.jpg

qiU5r.jpg

9wq0Lph.jpg

Soldato
I'm getting to the stage where I really need to make a decision on what I'm doing with my living room. Anyone got similar and care to share? 25ft long. 12ft max width at the lounge end, 8ft min at dining room end. Kitchen is off the dining room so needs some room for a thoroughfare...

TTN9jior.jpg

7u9Qdy2r.jpg

Perhaps I could have a crowd designed room for maximum ocuk approval...

Soldato
That’s very cosy indeed. Perfect for snuggling up and watching TV at Christmas.
Thanks

Our downstairs is open plan though so in order to get to the kitchen you must walk through this room. Removes an element of the cosiness unfortunately.
the sofa we have was advertised as a cozy corner however.

So I guess technically I can't be a full on chav as I have a cosy corner as a pose to a "full blown" corner sofa :p

Associate
I'm in the market for a new sofa soon, and not come across this corner sofa "chav" status before, lol, can someone post up some living rooms with none-chav sofas, as some of the traditional sofas can look awful.

Back
Top Bottom