Postal

Soldato
First of all i'll say that I hate Uwe Boll's films, the guy has little talent as far as i'm concerned and it surprises me that he constantly gets funding for more and more projects. However with Postal I think he finally got it right, he's realised how bad he is and instead and of trying to make a good film, he's embraced everything he is bad at and for that reason, Postal works.

Postal is based on the game of the same name and has the same amount...no, probably much more bad taste than the game. It pokes fun at every racial, sexual, religious and any other group you might care to mention and isn't afraid to be controversial...but will no doubt get away with it because it's just a plain silly film.

Standout moments for me...

- 2 islamic terrorists arguing about how many virgins they will get in heaven, then calling up Bin laden himself to confirm the actual number to find out there are too many martyrs already and can only confirm maybe 10 virgins between the two of them.

- A cat used as a silencer for a pistol

- A black cop shooting an old chinese woman with a shotgun who is causing a holdup at a traffic lights, walks back to his car...uses the excuse, "I think she called me a N (I won't use the word, you know what it is)

- Bin Laden and George Bush skipping along hand in hand as nuclear weapons rain down upon america

- A shootout which results in all children in a crowd being killed, filmmakers rarely kill kids in movies, Boll goes the opposite way

Granted much of the humour is extremely bad taste, you know you shouldn't laugh but you do because it is funny...just unplug your mind for a few hours and enjoy.

Trailer... http://www.apple.com/trailers/independent/postal/

Back
Top Bottom