Potential PC death?

Permabanned
Right. I had a power cut about 9 this morning. No one took any notice of the PC until about 5PM. Got to it and it said Video mode not supported. Turned it off and turned it back on. During POST, a message popped up about CPU overcloking failed. I chose to go into the BIOS which was the first option. I couldnt do anything in there though because I hadnt changed anything at all. By now something was making a rather unhealthy noise inside the machine. I turned it off at the PSU, removed *** side of the case and turned it back on to see what was making the noise. However the noise had stopped. This time when the overclocking failure message popped up, I selected continue as normal. I then selected use last best config from XP boot options and its booted fine. No errors whatsoever in windows. Now I am going to leave this for now, but could a piece of hardware inside potentially be damaged from a surge (if that happens when broken toasters cause the electrics to die) and could this potentially be serious, or is there another explanation into this strange activity? Spec is in sig, if you need more detail about the machine please ask.

Back
Top Bottom