Power Led not lighting

Associate
I've a p180 case and an A8N sli premium motherboard. I've been having a problem where the computer would stay at the enter bios screen for about 2-3 minutes and the power led of the case wouldn't light until it got past this screen. The HDD light hasn't been coming on at all. After a bit of bios tweaking (well a disable everything lottery) enabling HDD smart speeded up the boot. Now the power LED doesn't come on at all. It's a pretty minor annoyance but i'd like to have everything working. Any ideas?

Yeah i built myself. I did the polarity as in the manual with the assumption that the white cable (from the p180) was negative. If the polarity was wrong would the led have lit in the first place? Also if the polarity was wrong for that wouldn't it be wrong for the pwr switch etc.

It's only the lebs that need the right polarity. The power and reset switches are just push to make switches, dosen't matter which way round you hook em up. (You can start or reset your computer with a screwdriver across the pins if you really want to. Not recommended tho.)

Sounds a bit strange to me. Pardon the question, I don't mean to offend, but are you sure that you plugged the led into the right header and not a fan header or something else funny?

If you can, try it with another led to make sure that your led isn't broken or something.

nightwish said:
Sounds a bit strange to me. Pardon the question, I don't mean to offend, but are you sure that you plugged the led into the right header and not a fan header or something else funny?

If you can, try it with another led to make sure that your led isn't broken or something.
:D Definitely in the right place. A fan header?? Would it even fit on one?
It has all been done following the manual but i'll check and see if reversing polarity will work. It's very unlikely to be a faulty LED as it was lighting but only once i got passed the stalled boot process and once i fixed that problem it stopped lighting. It also seemed less bright than on my other board so it seems to be the boards fault. A bit of a trivial thing though especially as i was annoyed about the led being too bright before. Just a check before i try revsing polarity won't mess anything up?

Hi there Reiver, have you connected the power led to the pins next to where you connect the hdd led, or those next to where you connect a speaker ?

Just checked my setups, one with a MSI mobo the other with an Abit, and both are using the pins next to those used for connecting a speaker, and are working ok.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom