power line adapter problem with neighbors

Associate
about 6 weeks ago I started having issues with my power line adapters cutting out constantly. I realised that they were picking up the neighbours router after trying to log in and finding a sky welcome screen and not a virgin one. the connection is so weak it can hardly web browse. I pluged in my wireless card to get around this for the tine being but it is an issues because my media center has no net connection. I am at the point where if I even plug my power line adapters in it stops my wireless from working and they sit there flashing red. I live in a detached house that was built years after the house next door so it seems strange that I can pick up their network. is there anything I can do to get around this? I want to go and talk to them but I dont really want to tell them to stop using their adapters because I say so etc.

Associate
Or if the home plugs are wireless then scan using inssider and try configuring them to an alternate channel (1,6 or 11).

Or of course run a proper patch lead...

Soldato
I have the encryption enabled but it doesn't last more than a few hour before i get a red light and loose all access to my router :(

That's unlikely to be connected to the encryption.

AFAIK encryption is always running. Out of the box they use standard keys to allow the adapters to talk to each other without any configuration. When you enable encryption you're just changing the keys.

I'd look for any sources of interference (low energy lamps, chargers, etc.).

Associate
Back
Top Bottom