Power + network to a shed 25m from house - rough price?

Soldato
I'm currently using a splashproof extension lead to get power to my shed, but it's getting tedious keep reeling it up the garden. How much would I be looking at to get armoured cable hooked up to the shed if I dug out a trench myself?

I'd also quite like network access in there, so how would be the best way to go about that? Could the network cable be buried in the same trench as the armoured cable? Would it just be a case of drilling a hole in the house wall and feeding the cable through to a face plate, like you would with an aerial?

If it's going to cost £1000+ i'll just continue with the extension lead, but I might still give the cat5 a go myself as it would be great to take my laptop with me to stick Youtube on while i'm working.

Thanks.

Soldato
OP
Thanks for the replies, those prices are better than I was expecting. I'll do as much of the work myself, but i wouldn't know where to drill the hole through to the house for the armoured cable.

Also i'll have a look into that wireless link if the cable route doesn't work out.

Soldato
OP
Thanks a lot, I had no idea about any of that. I think I need to clear out all the junk from under my stairs then get someone in for a quote and to find out exactly what needs doing and if its feasible for a reasonable price.

There are a few other things that could do with being looked at as well, like there used to be fire alarms that were hooked up to the mains and an electric immersion heater that was replaced with a combi boiler, plus the combi boiler is just plugged into a socket and i'd prefer it to be wired in properly.

Back
Top Bottom