Power supply dying?

Associate
Hey guys,

Im curious and a little concerned that my PSU might be dying a death.

Ive had an irritating but not always persistent noise when gaming on certain games for a LONG time with it, almost the full period to which ive owned the PSU (around 4-5 years, it was a bundle PC from OCUK). The noise itself is like a crackling noise which I figured was some sort of coil whine or something from the GPU. I now however have a 970 GTX GPU and its a coil whine minimum version from OCUK/Galax. I know this doesn't mean it WONT get coil whine but its certainly geared to create less.

Anyway in combination of that ive had crashes upon games that create this crackling. It typically revolved around my GPU driver crashing and my screen going blank and the whole PC freezing.

Then finally I just got Anno 2205 and ive tried playing it around 4 times, the first time it did the GPU driver crash type, the second and third it just outright crashed during play (this was the game I think) and then the last my HDD with Anno 2205 on just disappeared from windows explorer, as if it just turned itself off.

Im looking in explorer now and I can't see the HDD in question in the lineup and the only thing I can think of is that the PSU is dying. Naturally you could question the HDD but its a fairly new HDD with around a years use maybe less, the PSU as stated earlier is about 4-5.

Signs of dying/faulty?

Thanks in advance!

Back
Top Bottom