power supply for 3 gpu

Soldato
I have tryed looking it up but it seems every time i see a post on A FORUM its for a full system and not just the card its self.

whats the min supply for 3 x gtx 560 ( NONE TI )

ssd
1 hhd
ivy 3570k
3 case fans
1 dvd drive

unless i got for 1000watt plus i wont get the 3 correct pci poower connections for the gpus so i know for 1 of them ill have to use adaptors to power a 3rd card.
in my head i have 850watt

Caporegime
The GTX560 only supports 2 way SLI. Only the GTX560TI supports 3 way SLI.

Link to the NVIDIA page for the GTX560.

Even if the GTX560 did support 3 way SLI I would strongly advise against that sort of setup anyway. You would be much better off buying a single more powerful GPU. This will mean that you have more VRAM to play with, you will get more performance, and the setup will use less power. For the price of 3x GTX560TI's you should be looking at high end single GPU solutions like a GTX680/670 or an HD7970/7950.

If you already own two GTX560's then sell them and put the money towards a newer and more powerful + futureproofed GPU.

Last edited:
Caporegime
OK so:

The GTX560 supports 2 way SLI
The GTX560TI supports 2 way SLI
The GTX560TI 448 supports 3 way SLI

So your GPU's will not run in triple SLI.

However if you intend to use the GPU's for folding as Surveyor pointed out, then completely disregard my previous post where I suggested buying a different GPU.

For 3x GTX560's for folding I would recommend a PSU of 750W as the minimum, so if you go with an 800/850W then that leaves tonnes of headroom for overclocking and adding additional devices.

XFX Pro 850W Core Edition.

Link to PSU on XFX site.

Great PSU, very solid, very efficient, very reliable with only the best Seasonic components inside. It also has 4x PCI-E connectors according to the page on OcUK, though the XFX page is less clear. Perhaps Surveyor could clarify? :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom