Power Supply Help

Associate
Hi everyone!

Well... I've been given a AMD XP2000+ and im looking to build a system using it. Just as a server/lan gamer. But anyway I have all the components except ram mobo and cpu cooler.. Anyway, the power supply I have is out of an old pentium 2 Packard Bell system...

The specs on the back are..

Fortron Source

Model number: FSP235-60GI

Input : 100-120/200-240v~,7/4a,60/50hz

Output: 253w

+3.3V ---14.0A
+5VSB ---0.8A
+5V ---22.0A
-5V ---0.3A
+12V ---8.0A
-12V ---0.8A

Fuse Rating 5A,250V~

Will this be good enough?

Also I would also like to do a little overclocking

Becuase hopefully im not looking to spend much on the system. like £50 Max for all the components I need to buy..

Thanks!

Last edited:
WOOOO another with an AMD 2000 :D

Ahem, hello there! I've had one for about 4 years now.

Here's my system so you know what to expect.

AMD XP 2000
1GB Crucial DDR 2700 RAM
128MB X700 Pro AGP
K7S5A Mobo
2 7200RPM HDD's
CD and DVD drive (seperate)
Big ass CPU cooler (pics here)
4 Case fans (2 front, 2 rear, all LED)
350W PSU (I think. Or its 300)

Never had so much as a tinkle of problems with the PSU. Tis still the same PSU i got with the original PC 4 years ago :D

I'll get ya the rails 'n' stuff when I get my upgrade (severe w00tage)

Hope that helped :)

Well my mobo is a little on the naffy side so I can't OC at all.

But my temps are:

about 38 idle
45 load

My temps never go above 45 and as soon as the load stops, it cools down pretty fast again. About 1 degree every 2 mins or so.

Tis a pretty chunky cooler so I imagine that if I had a better mobo I could get some serious OCing done.

Good luck finding ram, mobo and cpu cooler including postage for £50. Try second hand. I would buy a new PSU anway. £45 or so for a Enermax Liberty.

That PSU should do the job - back then (when the 2000XP was released) PSU's weren't a consideration in performance or stability terms anyway, because the hardware wasn't that power hungry.

Unless you're going to be running a chunky graphics card and/or overclocking (which you have said you won't be doing) you'll be fine.

Sultan of Ping said:
That PSU should do the job - back then (when the 2000XP was released) PSU's weren't a consideration in performance or stability terms anyway, because the hardware wasn't that power hungry.

Unless you're going to be running a chunky graphics card and/or overclocking (which you have said you won't be doing) you'll be fine.

^^ What he said - but, if you do decide to overclock (your original statement wasnt clear to me) then you should probably upgrade PSU.

M

Back
Top Bottom