Power Tools & General Tools Recommendations & Advice

Soldato
I accidentally dropped my DeWalt led lamp with 4amp battery in an aquarium on the weekend.

The light stayed on but the unit began bubbling away as water was presumably getting in.

I took the battery top off (X4 security torx screws) and a bit of water had got in. I couldn't get at the screws to dismantle the torch because my security torx bit were too short.

Anyway, a couple of days and nights by the radiator and everything was dry, and after reassembly it works fine :)

Last edited:
Associate
Cool, thank you, I'll check them out.

Power wise, even on my current one I have to be a bit careful. If I let the grass get too long the thing just clogs and can't handle it. Doesn't take much! Have to go super slowly

Soldato
There are a number of very good reasons not to buy dodgy knock off hoverbaords, e-bikes and scooters.

All the same reasons apply to dodgy knock off power tool batteries.

You’ll probably be fine, but you could die in a house fire. The choice really is yours.

Soldato
Chaps,

Can someone help me buy:
a spanner designed for bath taps impossible to reach? There must be a tool designed for this purpose?

a stanley knife that won't drive me mad? I have the wrong size blades tbf but my current knife isn't comfy.

Last edited:
Soldato
Chaps,

Can someone help me buy:
a spanner designed for bath taps impossible to reach? There must be a tool designed for this purpose?

a stanley knife that won't drive me mad? I have the wrong size blades tbf but my current knife isn't comfy.
Basin wrench?

Soldato
Chaps,

I have one of these and find it excellent. Really comfy in the hand and once it’s been used for a little while, you can open it with a flicking type action, then simply fold and chuck in your pocket so it’s as safe as houses. More expensive than normal Stanley knives maybe, but really good…

Last edited:
Soldato
Chaps,

Can someone help me buy:

I have one of these,, spare blades live in the handle...its decent. The Bosch one posted above is probably similar and just as good.

Soldato
Cheers chaps. They have the FatMax Pro for the same price so think I'll pick up that with 50 blades. Part of my issue is I bought like miniature blades if that's even a thing so this'll definitely solve my issue :cry:

Ts doing 5% off every basket too.

Soldato
I have one of these and find it excellent. Really comfy in the hand and once it’s been used for a little while, you can open it with a flicking type action, then simply fold and chuck in your pocket so it’s as safe as houses. More expensive than normal Stanley knives maybe, but really good…

I've got the same and nearly cried the other day when I thought I had left it behind in a newly installed and finished ceiling :(

Held a whole weekend party when it turned up in the side pocket of my tool bag :D

Back
Top Bottom