Powershell Help

Soldato
Hi,

I'm trying to run a powershell script that checks the free space on server drives and only reports back on ones with more than 75% used. I can get it to report the information from the drives, but i can't get it to filter on anything over 75% or sort it.

Here is the function i have

Code:
Function GetDiskSpace
{

Foreach ($s in $servers)

{

$FreeGB = @{Name="FreeSpace(GB)";expression={[math]::round(($_.FreeSpace / 1073741824),2)}}
        $TotalGB = @{Name="Capacity(GB)";expression={[math]::round(($_.Capacity/ 1073741824),2)}}
        $UsedGB = @{Name="Volume Used(GB)";expression={[math]::round(($_.Capacity/ 1073741824) - ($_.FreeSpace / 1073741824),0)}}        
        $UsedPerc = @{Name="Used %";Expression={[math]::round((((($_.Capacity/ 1073741824) - ($_.FreeSpace / 1073741824)) / ($_.Capacity / 1073741824)) * 100),0)}}

Get-WmiObject -Class win32_volume -cn $s  | 
        Select-Object @{LABEL='Comptuer';EXPRESSION={$s}},driveletter, label,$FreeGB, $TotalGB,$UsedGB,$UsedPerc

} #end foreach $s
}

I have tried running an additional pipe after the select-object with

Code:
where-object { $UsedPerc -gt 75 }

But it errors with Cannot compare "System.Collections.Hashtable" because it is not IComparable.

Any tips please?? :)

Soldato
You've got a typo in the select-object line: Computer, not Comptuer. And shouldn't the Get-WmiObject command be at the start of the loop rather than the end?

Soldato
OP
The computer was just a label so not really bothered.

Anyway, i have changed it totally to the following

Code:
Function DiskSpace
{

Get-WmiObject -ComputerName SERVER1-Class Win32_volume |
    Sort-Object  @{Expression={'{0:P0}' -F (1 -  ($_.FreeSpace/$_.Capacity))}}  |
    ft DriveLetter, 
       Label,
       @{Label="Server";Expression={$_.SystemName}},
       @{Label="Free (GB)";Expression={'{0:N0}' -F ($_.FreeSpace/1GB)}},
       @{Label="Used (%)";Expression={'{0:P0}' -F (1 -  ($_.FreeSpace/$_.Capacity))}}

}

DiskSpace

But now my sort-object is showing the order as 1,10,2,20 etc instead of 1,2,10,20

Is there a way i can sort that on the fly?

I tried doing the following
Code:
Sort-Object  @{Expression={'{0:P0}' -F (1 -  ($_.FreeSpace/$_.Capacity)).toint32()}}

but it didn't like it :(

Associate
Probably better ways of doing it but I like to keep things as easy to read as possible!

Can export the second array $OverLimit as it should have any drivers over 75%

Assumes the account running has permission to access the servers. If not will need to use the -credential parameter which is commented out at the moment.
Also ignores the A and D drives for what it's worth!

Code:
$ServerList = Get-Content -Path "C:\Scripts\DiskSpace\ServerList.txt" 

$DriveList = @()
$OverLimit = @()

ForEach ($Server in $ServerList)
{
    $Disks = Get-WmiObject Win32_LogicalDisk -ComputerName $Server #-Credential $Cred

ForEach ($Disk in $Disks)
    {
        If ($Disk.DeviceID -Ne "A:" -And $Disk.DeviceID -Ne "D:")
        {
            $Row = "" | Select ServerName, DeviceID, VolumeName, Size, FreeSpace, Used, UsedPercentage

$Row.ServerName = $Server
            $Row.DeviceID = $Disk.DeviceID
            $Row.VolumeName = $Disk.VolumeName
            $Row.Size = [Math]::Round($Disk.Size / 1GB, 2) #Convert to gb
            $Row.FreeSpace = [Math]::Round($Disk.FreeSpace / 1GB, 2) #Convert to gb
            $Row.Used = $Row.Size - $Row.FreeSpace
            If ($Row.Used -gt 0)
            {
                $Row.UsedPercentage = [Math]::Round(100-(($Row.FreeSpace/$Row.Size)*100), 2)
            }   

$DriveList += $Row
        }
    }
}

$OverLimit = $DriveList | Where {$_.UsedPercentage -Gt 75}

$DriveList | Format-Table -AutoSize
$OverLimit | Format-Table -AutoSize

Back
Top Bottom