PPI Claiming

Soldato
I have had a successful claim for a packaged bank account that I have held for 17 years. Never used the benefits from it and only ever obtained it on advise that I would get preferential rates and easier access to additional lending, loans, CC's, overdrafts, and mortgages.

My claim response letter came back from the bank, I was advised I had had a number of loans over the years (I was aware of these) so just thought I will call and see if I had any PPI.

I never thought I had any PPI but when To my surprise they have advised me that there is evidence of PPI on a chain of 5 loans! Claims have been raised, I will be very surprised if there was PPI but if there was, I never agreed to it and have clear memory of saying it wasn't needed, said my old man would support me if the **** hit the fan :D. This could turn out to be a case of not miss sold but falsely provided if it was in place. We shall see.

Natwest couldn't do that when I asked them over the phone. IDIOTS!

Man of Honour
Reading some of these posts, I have no idea if it would be worth my while to see if there was any dough coming my way.
I've never had a cash loan from any bank or financial institution, I bought my succession of 3 brand new taxis on H.P., and my wife bought a couple of cars on H.P. a few years ago, (on separate occasions).
I had an Amex card in the 80s, and an Access card at the same time, but never owed them one thin dime, nor incurred any interest.
As the bill hit the doormat each month, I'd write a cheque that day to settle it.
I had a mortgage on a house in the late 70s, but paid that up in full when I sold the house in the early 80s, (can't recall who that mortgage was with, but I suspect the Midland bank as it was then), I had a mortgage with Halifax on my present house, but I paid that off about 20 years back.
Is it worth my while to check on all this?

Soldato
Natwest couldn't do that when I asked them over the phone. IDIOTS!
They have a dedicated team, call them on 0800 015 0319 (this number can be found going to the Natwest website and searching for PPI if you wish to validate it).

Interestingly got my response last night from Natwest on my loans, there was PPI in place but not for long, or I refinanced off the loans and it got dropped off. £275 coming back to me which is better then nothing, considering I didn't even know I had any PPI and distinctly remember refusing it all!

Soldato
They have a dedicated team, call them on 0800 015 0319 (this number can be found going to the Natwest website and searching for PPI if you wish to validate it).

Interestingly got my response last night from Natwest on my loans, there was PPI in place but not for long, or I refinanced off the loans and it got dropped off. £275 coming back to me which is better then nothing, considering I didn't even know I had any PPI and distinctly remember refusing it all!

That was the number I phoned

Commissario
I don't have any claim here but there's an advert playing on Absolute Radio at the moment where they repeatedly say "anythink" and "somethink". That in itself would put me off phoning that particular company.

Soldato
Any recommendations on a PPI reclaim firm to use?

I know you can do it yourself but I don't have much in the way of records going far back and would just prefer someone to do the legwork for me! I am fairly sure I've never paid for PPI in the past but I suppose that's the whole point that it was mis-sold/bundled with other payments!

Soldato
Any recommendations on a PPI reclaim firm to use?

I know you can do it yourself but I don't have much in the way of records going far back and would just prefer someone to do the legwork for me! I am fairly sure I've never paid for PPI in the past but I suppose that's the whole point that it was mis-sold/bundled with other payments!
Do it individually via each banks.

They will have the records that you can request.

Caporegime
Well the claims guys have come back with three found so far but two are less than £10.

Gf has got four back so far and only one less than £10 so she might get quite a lot. She always was one of those who would accept ppi as she didn't know really what it was. And totally pointless since she was self employed for most of her working life.

Soldato
Received a letter from LLoyds this morning informing may that they have upheld my PPI claim on a credit card I had with them. After tax I'll get a little over £4k.

Soldato
What form is this please? I had a loan with HFC which is is now HSBC. I sent them a letter and they completely ignored it.

https://www.resolver.co.uk/

Filled in the form with a few details, HSBC wrote to me asking me to provide proof of ID at my current address. They responded with said nice letter asking for my sort code and account number to pay the amount into. Not had the money so far, but it seems like a great result for minimal effort on my part.

Associate
Got a call from Lloyds today just asking some other questions,they have now started a search for any PPI.
Pretty quick considering i only filled the form in on the 28th.

Soldato
Update:
Had loads of claims paid, I'm up about 16k so far and I started this about 3 months ago.

I had two claims with HSBC and they accepted one but not the other for silly reasons. It would seem the one they agreed to pay was 3k and the one they rejected is worth over 10k.

I contacted the financial obusman and filed a complaint with them, very easy, all online.

Had a chap contact me within a week to introduce himself as the adjudicator, said it takes 2 weeks for HSBC to come back to him. Had a letter today to say HSBC has responded and he's gone back to them, he's ruled in my favour and instructed HSBC to uphold my complaint. It can take up to 8 weeks.

So a complete result! Can't believe how well I'm doing!!!!!!!

Soldato
Got a letter from Capital One today. They are giving me a check from £350 despite flately turning me down a couple of years ago. (Back then i used the Martin Lewis template letters this time i used Resolver)

Just waiting on a Natwest one now which could well be a thousand which would be nice but i wont get my hopes up.

Back
Top Bottom