** Prepare for Gaming Dominance - MIONIX PROPUS 380 REVIEW **

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
Hi Guys

This weekend I have been testing out a new mouse mat.
The Mionix Propus 380 pad was reccomended to me by Valkia, I have been looking for a quick and accurate pad for a while and this fit the bill well.
I wanted to move away from cloth pads for gaming as I felt a little let down by the precision offered by a cloth pad.

Looking at the majority of the market at the moment, there seems to be a lot of high end gamer orientated pads with hard surfaces. I currently use a boogiebug cloth mat which is great but not amazing for precision FPS games.
I have an old Razer pad which I felt quite let down by, especially given its cost. the accuracy was poor and it felt uncomfortable to use.

Initially I had problems with the Mionix pad but this turned out to be an error on my part. The surface is very smooth and my Razer Mamba mouse didnt pick up the suface well. After cleaning the lens on my mouse I was left with a very smooth cursor action that allowed for a great deal of accuracy within windows. I also tested my logitech MX518 and it was brilliant from the off.

The surface texture allows the mouse to glide easliy with little resistance [even on my scratched mouse gliders].
The pad itself grips to the desk well, there is a soft sticky rubber backing on the pad that holds the desk well and means that the surface doesnt move once it is flat.
the middle of the mat is made up of a thicker plastic layer which is quite stiff meaning that the pad retains its shape and stays flat. The packaging of the pad means that it is shipped flat to keep the surface perfect.

After a weekend of gaming on the pad I was impressed. playing Crysis2 the pad allowed for a lot of control in precision aiming never missed a beat even with the dpi turned right up.
I tried Dawn of War: Retribution on the pad as well and a log session on that with a lot of precise actions per minute was very easy to use. selecting units and deploying actions and abilities was made easier as the smoothness and precision allowed me to get to where I wanted to be easily, it made the game a little easier to play which can never be a bad thing.

I also played a lot of clan matches on call of duty where the greater accuracy of the pad made my game a lot better. its not groundbreaking but it certainly was an advantage over my boogiebug. Overall accuracy was improved which made a big difference on a fast paced FPS.

The mat has ergonomic cutaways on the bottom to allow your wrist to sit properly or for a wrist rest to be placed.

This certainly was an impressive pad to use and I have definately been converted back to using hard surface pads again.

Pros
  • great surface for gaming
  • classy and subtle finish, with no garish graphics
  • holds the desk well
  • comfortable to use for long periods
  • good performance in a range of PC games.
Cons
  • caused me a few issues setting up which turned out to be my mouse
  • smaller surface compared to the massive boogie bug
  • the pad is quite wide which may be an issue for people with limited space
  • doesnt stop me dying in Call of Duty :p

Mionix Propus 380 Gaming Mouse Pad @ £16.98 inc VAT

GS-002-MI_400.jpg

Mionix Propus 380 is the physical answer to performance, design and innovation. The new developed surface is treated with a special silver-metallic plastic coating. According to test results, this special coating offers optimal tracking conditions and improves the overall performance of the mouse movements. A thin base made of PVC-plastic has been implemented to give the stability from a hard mousepad without compromising the flexibility from a soft mousepad. The backside is made of natural rubber to ensure a steady grip. Rubber base 380mm x 260mm x 4mm Hard & flexible Extra wide tracking area Unique surface Optimal tracking

- Optimal tracking: Unique silver-metallic plastic coating ensures optimal tracking
- Unique surface: Fine textured surface for a smoother glide and precise movements
- Extra wide tracking area: For sweeping movements without interruption
- Hard & flexible: Unique material combination for durability and feel
- Material: PVC-plastic base
- S.Q.A.T value: 9
- Surface: Ultra-fine texture
- Dimensions: 380mm x 260mm
- Thickness: 4mm
- Back: Rubber based backside for a steady grip
- Compatibility: LED-optical & laser

Only £16.98 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

Last edited:

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
OP
we all rage, but you will not rage with this on your desk :)

cheers for pointing out the typo :)

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
OP
too much rage.

to add to the features, this mousemat cannot be snapped in half down the middle using conventional keyboard karate :p

Back
Top Bottom