Prettying up .net winform apps??

Associate
I write a fair few apps for my company, all in c# winforms. All internal and usually log analysis bits and bobs for the higher ups.

They look ok, the usual windows type look, and tbh I go for functionality over aesthetics especially since they have a very small audience.

Now, my boss is a very style over content type person and has asked me to pretty up my apps. Not 100% sure what he wants but I guess bright colors, no borderlines around my controls and big pictures for buttons, etc. Essentially, kiddyfying my apps.

Is there anything out there you might recommend, if anything at all? Off the shelf would be great but don't mind putting a little bit of work in :)

Associate
OP
Refactoring to use wpf not an option?

I'd heard of WPF but never looked at it. Just had a very quick play and so far... my mind is pretty blown! :)

I'll put some time aside and convert a current winforms app. Hopefully it'll handle our telephone system api ok, took me forever to get it working first time around and that's my main worry.

Associate
OP
I've redone one of my smaller apps in wpf. There's a bit of a learning curve but it very much reminds me of when I developed some android apps, feels very familiar yet different. I shall persevere and try to put winforms behind me! :)

Back
Top Bottom